Yet another problem...

_kR15n

I have a fx 8350 cooled with a corsair h80i gt water cooler, this computer is brand new (with used parts so not actually brand new) and yesterday and earlier today it worked just fine, i unplugged it, carried it outside for some work around the case (not actually turning on the pc, it was just standing turned off outside) then carried it back in, plugged it in and now when i power up the pc, it works for a few seconds, the fx 8350 reaches 89°C and it auto shuts down… Help, i dont have the money for a new cooler :(

Is the cooler working? Are the fans spinning?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

you did not unplug any pump or power headers when you did work on it meaning its not really cooling anything

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

2 minutes ago, CatCam1 said:

the fans are spinning and the logo lights up

Can you hear the pump? To help do this, try unplugging the fans.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Did you notice any leakage? If everything is working, I feel like the coolant inside your AIO somehow leaked.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Can you hear the pump? To help do this, try unplugging the fans.

yes i do

Just now, Krosis said:

Did you notice any leakage? If everything is working, I feel like the coolant inside your AIO somehow leaked.

theres no fluid in the case so i guess not

Just now, CatCam1 said:

yes i do

What kind of noise is it making

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

IIRC, the FX8350 comes with the cooler in the box. Did you try using that cooler to see if everything posts?

1 minute ago, Krosis said:

IIRC, the FX8350 comes with the cooler in the box. Did you try using that cooler to see if everything posts?

It worked just fine on the water cooler yesterday and earlier today, also i bought a used processor so the guy i bought it from didnt send the amd stock cooler...

3 minutes ago, CatCam1 said:

It worked just fine on the water cooler yesterday and earlier today, also i bought a used processor so the guy i bought it from didnt send the amd stock cooler...

One thing did change actually, before i took it out it was working in a sideways orientation, laid on the table, now i have flipped the case in a normal standing position

i think as others have said try a different cooler. then you will be able to eliminate if its the cooler you have now or the psu as you said

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

8 minutes ago, CatCam1 said:

One thing did change actually, before i took it out it was working in a sideways orientation, laid on the table, now i have flipped the case in a normal standing position

there might be something wrong with the pump, or an air bubble. run it sideways again, and turn it back onto its feet while the pump is going.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

there might be something wrong with the pump, or an air bubble. run it sideways again, and turn it back onto its feet while the pump is going.

i have turned it sideways and the temps are constant 33°C

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

sadly i cannot flip it while its operational because the case is kind of destroyed...

1 minute ago, CatCam1 said:

i have turned it sideways and the temps are constant 33°C

pump issue then. the problem may be resolved now.

1 minute ago, CatCam1 said:

sadly i cannot flip it while its operational because the case is kind of destroyed...

I know the feeling. I had a PC dropped by the TSA once

Primary PC:

Just now, CatCam1 said:

I am going to leave it sideways then...

If you put it vertical again it may have sorted itself out. Worth a shot.

Primary PC: