Looking for some help to upgrade my setup.

Hexx

Hey everybody,

I've been wanting to upgrade my PC for a while, but I was really busy, so I kinda lost track on what's worth nowadays to buy.
If there's anybody out there, who would be kind enough to give me any tips, I'd really appreciate.
The main reason why I decided to do it now, is because my SSD is most likely going to die soon, according to HD Sentinel and my own observations.
Mainly I got lost, because there's a lot new stuff on the market since I have built my PC, and I am unsure what's worth buying, and what's not.

Here's my current setup:

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7-870, 3300 MHz (25 x 132)
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M/USB3  (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1866MHz DDR3 x2 (16 GB Total)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 750 TI 2GB
PSU: Chieftec Smart 650W (GPS-650A8)
Storage: - (Definitely need a new SSD)
Others: I have an alright ATX case, a 1080p monitor, and perfectly working mouse, keyboard and speakers, not going to change any of those.

So yeah, that's what I'm running right now, but I'd like to have an upgrade.

Some of the ideas I have are the 1050 TI,  getting a DDR4 compatible motherboard with M.2 support, so I would be able to replace my broken SSD with an M.2, but I cannot really find the best motherboard-CPU combo.

Either way some more details, I'd definitely would love to stick to Intel, I've never tried overclocking, and even with an expensive Cooler Master CPU cooler and lots of fans, because of the hot temperature in my room my PC is running hot most of the time, therefore I don't think I will any time soon. Also I'll for sure not buy a 4k monitor, because it's way out of my budget. 

My budget is roughly 500 to 600 USD. (I live in Europe, so if possible count the new parts full price, because most likely I cannot buy the ones on limited discounts from here)

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the help, and have a nice day everyone!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the main purpose of the build would be gaming only, with some of the newer games, and some heavilty RAM reliant games that I love, like Cities: Skylines, thus my idea of getting DDR4 RAM for smoother performance.  

8 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Hey everybody,

I've been wanting to upgrade my PC for a while, but I was really busy, so I kinda lost track on what's worth nowadays to buy.
If there's anybody out there, who would be kind enough to give me any tips, I'd really appreciate.
The main reason why I decided to do it now, is because my SSD is most likely going to die soon, according to HD Sentinel and my own observations.
Mainly I got lost, because there's a lot new stuff on the market since I have built my PC, and I am unsure what's worth buying, and what's not.

Here's my current setup:

Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M/USB3  (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

Others: I have an alright ATX case, a 1080p monitor, and perfectly working mouse, keyboard and speakers, not going to change any of those.

Some of the ideas I have are the 1050 TI,  getting a DDR4 compatible motherboard with M.2 support, so I would be able to replace my broken SSD with an M.2, but I cannot really find the best motherboard-CPU combo.

Either way some more details, I'd definitely would love to stick to Intel, I've never tried overclocking, and even with an expensive Cooler Master CPU cooler and lots of fans, because of the hot temperature in my room my PC is running hot most of the time, therefore I don't think I will any time soon. Also I'll for sure not buy a 4k monitor, because it's way out of my budget. 

My budget is roughly 500 to 600 USD. (I live in Europe, so if possible count the new parts full price, because most likely I cannot buy the ones on limited discounts from here)

Edit: Forgot to mention, the main purpose of the build would be gaming only, with some of the newer games, and some heavilty RAM reliant games that I love, like Cities: Skylines, thus my idea of getting DDR4 RAM for smoother performance.  

Hi could u please point out your country, online stores that you might buy them from and also the budget in your currency?

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

15 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Hey everybody,

What will the PC be used for and would you be adverse to keeping the gtx 750 until you could afford a new GPU

alternatively you could also sell that system for like $300 USD and have a decent budget increase

EDIT

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQKzpG

with 1050 TI

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7fx8P3

Hey again guys, thank you both a lot for reading my topic and answering.

To the first commenter: Yes, I could mention that in hindsight. I thought I'd be easier so this forum to get the USD budget. I am from Poland, and the budget converted into my currency is about 1800 - 2000 PLN. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you're having a good day!

To the second commenter: I sort of made my budget including selling some of the parts (obviously calculated them as if I would sell dirt cheap, to not mess up the numbers) , so unfortunately no budget increase. And for your builds, I'll be sure to check them out and compare them to any other ones if somebody else will be willing to look into my topic. Either way, you're incredible for taking the time to do this for me, thank you a lot, and have and great day!

14 hours ago, Hexx said:

Hey everybody,

Here's my current setup:

Get something like this.....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($135.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.49 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($164.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $621.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-14 11:15 EDT-0400