No signal after changing primary GPU

Taytay412
Go to solution Solved by Schmirgus,

Even with the gpu removed? If so reset the bios again, disconnect the power cable from your main to the psu, take out the battery for 15 sec. 

If there is still no signal, maybe test the HDMI output of the mainboard 

Hello,

I created a problem by trying to solve another :(  

I had a problem where all of a sudden, I'd get a black screen when starting up games. I could still hear the game's music and the computer would still be running but I'd lose signal on my monitor and the only thing I could do is restart my computer. It was working just fine and I didn't mess with anything. 
No overheating, all my drivers were up to date, no cables were loose, and it didn't need cleaning since I cleaned it not too long ago.

I tried a couple things to fix it, but the thing that caused the new problem was changing my primary GPU with msi afterburner and rebooting. A stupid mistake, now I get no signal on my monitor. I don't know if I have integrated graphics but I tried connecting my monitor to my motherboard and that didn't work. I tried resetting the Bios manually by removing the motherboard battery and putting it back in but that did nothing (probably another mistake).

I've had this pc for 3 years now. 

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Z97 deluxe
GPUs: Nvidia GTX 970 x2
PSU: EVGA 1300W G2

CPU: intel core i7 4790k

Thanks

CPU? If it has an Intel HD, then remove the gpu, plug in hdmi at the mainboard, then u should have a signal again and undo your settings 

8 minutes ago, Schmirgus said:

CPU? If it has an Intel HD, then remove the gpu, plug in hdmi at the mainboard, then u should have a signal again and undo your settings 

intel core i7 4790k 

Does it have to be HDMI? I use a displayport cable and that didn't work. 

10 minutes ago, Schmirgus said:

DP is fine. Just remove the gpu and it should work 

It didn't :(

Even with the gpu removed? If so reset the bios again, disconnect the power cable from your main to the psu, take out the battery for 15 sec. 

2 hours ago, Schmirgus said:

Thank you so much! I can't believe that the problem was my DP cable. I used HDMI instead and boom! I got signal on my monitor again and I was able to undo my settings. It even fixed my original problem with the black screen when launching games! Thank you for your help and your time ^^