Finalising my new Ryzen gaming build

Hey guys, so I am finalising my new Ryzen build (My first ever build) and this is the part list https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/4vwBFt Initially I did decide to go with a GTX 1060/RX580 (RX 580s are expensive here compared to GTX 1060). But since I won't be upgrading for around 4-5 years at least, I decided to go with a GTX 1070 to make it a bit more futureproof, I don't know if it's worth it or not to be honest. I do need a WiFi ac adapter (PCI adapter) but that is costs crazy on Amazon for no reason so I've just decided to stick with a dongle, though I will try to get a WiFi card offline and see if it's cheaper. The case seems ok for airflow I suppose cause it has front mesh panels. And I do hope that Ryzen 5 2600X won't be a bottleneck for GTX 1060/1070, though I doubt it will. Also I'm having trouble picking out a power supply cause I'm unsure of the wattage and what rating it should be. It would be much appreciated if someone helped me witha PSU and my choice of GPU (if it's worth it or not) and a PCI AC WiFi adapter.

Thank you for your time.

Cooling?

Power supply?

Why put a good machine on WiFi? Eww.

(The graphics card + CPU will demand the most power and should have the requirement listed, check manufacturers. e.g. 185W GPU + 95W CPU = 280W, easily covered and quite future proof by a 450W power supply, make sure the quality is at least Bronze or 80+)

Otherwise, looks good.

... and remember, Linux gaming is a thing now. ;)

1 minute ago, Jenshiye said:

Cooling?

Power supply?

Otherwise, looks good.

I need WiFi, I don't have ethernet wiring in my house. I don't know what cooling you are talking about. And like I said in the post I don't know what PSU to choose cause I don't have the slightest idea about the wattage or ratings required.

1 minute ago, Jenshiye said:

Cooling?

Power supply?

Otherwise, looks good.

Wifi can be useful for those who don't have ethernet ports, in places like apartments, but if he does have ethernet access, yeah, don't even get why you would use wifi. The new 5G wifi connections are really fast but still can't beat ethernet.

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

The Corsair RM650X and the Corsair CX650M are both good options for a power supply.

Yeah but do I need 650W? It seems pretty overpriced here in India. I don't think it's gonna be worth it.

1 minute ago, ChiefMaverick said:

Yeah but do I need 650W? It seems pretty overpriced here in India. I don't think it's gonna be worth it.

You could do 600W or even 550W, but I'm not certain it's safe since I'm not that knowledgeable on power supplies. The CX and RM also both come in 550W, for the record.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

3 minutes ago, ChiefMaverick said:

Seasonic's 550w 80+ gold rated psu's are very high quality for a low price. Also, EVGA's psu's are good, but nobody usually recommends them. If you can find a lower price Corsair 550w or the seasonic, I would go with one of those. 600-650w for your build is unnecessary, unless you plan on upgrading very soon 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Just now, seoz said:

You could do 600W or even 550W, but I'm not certain it's safe since I'm not that knowledgeable on power supplies. The CX and RM also both come in 550W, for the record.

PCPartPicker says 350W approximately but do I need something almost double. I guess even a 500W would do?

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Seasonic's 550w 80+ gold rated psu's are very high quality for a low price. Also, EVGA's psu's are good, but nobody usually recommends them. If you can find a lower price Corsair 550w or the seasonic, I would go with one of those. 600-650w for your build is unnecessary, unless you plan on upgrading very soon 

How about this one https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MasterWatt-500-Watt-Non-Modular/dp/B01MU485MZ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1536844175&sr=1-1&keywords=coolermaster+masterwatt+500 Like I said before, we don't have a wide variety of choices neither do we have cheap rates at all in India. PCpartpicker says 356W so I guess 500W PSU is sufficient?

2 minutes ago, ChiefMaverick said:

PCPartPicker says 350W approximately but do I need something almost double. I guess even a 500W would do?

I think I'd go 550W, peak efficiency is at 50% so if your PC runs 350W at most load, 550W is fine.

1 minute ago, seoz said:

I think I'd go 550W, peak efficiency is at 50% so if your PC runs 350W at most load, 550W is fine.

How's this one? https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-White-Cable-MPW-5502-ACABW/dp/B07C5P7B4N/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1536844363&sr=1-2&keywords=550W+PSU Idk about the rating, just the Wattage...

I don't like Cooler Master so I can't really give an opinion on that one.

According to the PSU tier list, the Cooler Master MWE falls in tier 4 which isn't very promising.

4 minutes ago, seoz said:

I don't like Cooler Master so I can't really give an opinion on that one.

According to the PSU tier list, the Cooler Master MWE falls in tier 4 which isn't very promising.

Okay how about https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MRW2K7E/?tag=pcp03-21&th=1 And just to be sure, using a 650W PSU doesn't mean it actually pulls 650W all the time does it? Is it just like, if the system pulls 350W, this will just supply 350W and not 650W?

Okay how about https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MRW2K7E/?tag=pcp03-21&th=1 And just to be sure, using a 650W PSU doesn't mean it actually pulls 650W all the time does it? Is it just like, if the system pulls 350W, this will just supply 350W and not 650W?

try searching 500w 80+ power supplies because it doesnt seem like any of those have an 80+ 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

CX650 non-modular is fine.

Using a 650W PSU doesn't mean it pulls 650W all the time, that's the full capacity it can handle. If your system pulls 350W, then the PSU will give it 350W, it won't give it 650W all the time.

The reason you should go for a PSU 25-50% larger is that PSUs are more electrically-efficient when they're at around 50% load, so if your system is pulling 350W, a 650W will be more or less at peak efficiency.

8 minutes ago, seoz said:

CX650 non-modular is fine.

Using a 650W PSU doesn't mean it pulls 650W all the time, that's the full capacity it can handle. If your system pulls 350W, then the PSU will give it 350W, it won't give it 650W all the time.

The reason you should go for a PSU 25-50% larger is that PSUs are more electrically-efficient when they're at around 50% load, so if your system is pulling 350W, a 650W will be more or less at peak efficiency.

Thank you for replying :) So is the CX650 is completely fine or is pure overkill for a 350W power draw?

16 minutes ago, seoz said:

The Corsair CX650 non-modular is 80+ Bronze.

oh i didnt see.