Asus Prime B450-Plus Orange Light

Hello all

I finished my first build a week ago and has been wondering what this orange light on the motherboard is and if I should be concerned. The computer works perfectly fine with all ram, storage and gpu detected. If it is something that can't be helped, I guess it is what it is, but this orange color is somewhat tarnishing the "black-and-white" ish theme I was planning to go with.

The computer has:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X + Wraith Spire cooler

Mobo: Asus Prime B450-Plus

Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 (2x8GB) white

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 1070 Founder's Edition

Storage:

Samsung 970 EVO 240GB (Boot drive)

Kingston A400 SSD

Seagate Firecuda 1TB HDD

Power: Corsair CX650M

Case: Deepcool DUKASE 2

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0908181735_HDR.thumb.jpg.1f35f9b645346791476df33a3548d6e4.jpg

12 minutes ago, type2human said:

Hello all

I finished my first build a week ago and has been wondering what this orange light on the motherboard is and if I should be concerned. The computer works perfectly fine with all ram, storage and gpu detected. If it is something that can't be helped, I guess it is what it is, but this orange color is somewhat tarnishing the "black-and-white" ish theme I was planning to go with.

The computer has:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X + Wraith Spire cooler

Mobo: Asus Prime B450-Plus

Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 (2x8GB) white

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 1070 Founder's Edition

Storage:

Samsung 970 EVO 240GB (Boot drive)

Kingston A400 SSD

Seagate Firecuda 1TB HDD

Power: Corsair CX650M

Case: Deepcool DUKASE 2

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0908181735_HDR.thumb.jpg.1f35f9b645346791476df33a3548d6e4.jpg

Bro I am going for the same setup as you

Except for that I have 1080ti graphics card

Sorry I don't have any answers for your querry but can you let me know about how much fps do you get on pubg if you play 

Also tell me your review about this setup .

Thanks

1 hour ago, seoz said:

That orange glow can be disabled in the BIOS. It's purely cosmetic and isn't any indication of anything malfunctioning.

Thanks for the help! Thought it was Aura sync related, but found out there is a separate led option in bios. It has now been disabled. 

54 minutes ago, Rudra_india said:

Bro I am going for the same setup as you

Except for that I have 1080ti graphics card

Sorry I don't have any answers for your querry but can you let me know about how much fps do you get on pubg if you play 

Also tell me your review about this setup .

Thanks

Unfortunately, I do not play pubg... Sorry I can't be of help with that

I could be very biased because I am upgrading from improperly cooled MSI GE62 with i7-4720HQ @ 2.6 GHz and GTX 960M, but i think everything runs very good. I know the higher end PCs are pushing 5GHz+, but I'm still not used to seeing the constant 4GHz+ on all 6 cores (especially since the aforementioned laptop doesn't even hit 3GHz anymore). Now that I've built it, I think I might prefer a smaller case, and the motherboard only has 6 holes for screws (the right side is just few millimeters short of the right ATX standoffs. When plugging in the 24 pin for power and SATA cables, this motherboard has no support on that side). Wraith spire cooler is quieter than I was expecting, and the Samsung EVO 970 is really snappy (I would sometimes miss BIOS setup because it was too fast to boot). I have a few benchmark results that I did when I first built it. Hope this helps!

Capture.PNG.f73e4ce3d63036bd4d01c53af306865a.PNG

7 minutes ago, type2human said:

Thanks for the help! Thought it was Aura sync related, but found out there is a separate led option in bios. It has now been disabled. 

No problem. I have the same orange LED for my motherboard too and found out it was an optional light in the BIOS. To clarify, it's not Asus Aura Sync compatible at all, unfortunately.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2018 at 9:54 AM, sowon said:

That orange glow can be disabled in the BIOS. It's purely cosmetic and isn't any indication of anything malfunctioning.

Wait if it’s cosmetic? Is it possible to change the colour of the light?

• 2 years later...

where in bios does it show that i have the same problem and couldn't find it in bios 

i have a b460 asus mother board instead not sure if thats the problem

2 hours ago, murdaer123 said:

where in bios does it show that i have the same problem and couldn't find it in bios 

i have a b460 asus mother board instead not sure if thats the problem

Check the manual. If you dont have it, its on the asus sight. Very simple to find.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz