Best Linux for Emulation

hey guys
So ive got a Dell Optiplex 740 SFF (slightly bigger than an Xbox 360) which i pulled the HDD out of and added an SD card with RecalBox on it AND it works fantastically i have had some issues here and there with PSX and PSP games but that was just down to shitty default settings in RecalBox. Anyway some amount of gaming later and i now want to continue the series ive been playing (Jak And Daxter) but the issue is the next game (actually its the previous ive been playing the PSP game) is only on PS2 and RecalBox for whatever reason doesnt support it yet even though it supports PSP (logic) and i cant find any OS like it with PS2 emulator support since RetroPie 3 refuses to boot SO my idea was to install some version of linux on another SD card and so the only thing you have to do is switch the SD cards over to switch consoles. Anyway what i want to do is Install Linux and install PCSX2  on it and somehow set it to start automatically as soon as the OS loads which i know how to do on windows but ive no idea on Linux as if im honest ive never been a big fan of it i would never consider using it for modern gaming but for emulation i think its exactly what i need for emulating.

SO in short if someone could recommend a lightweight small version of Linux for this particularly application i have mentioned that would be great.

Cheers guys

Not really an expert on this, but I'd put my money on Lubuntu. Ubuntu and derivatives are usually the best or among the best supported distros, and Lubuntu is super lightweight. In fact, I've gotten it to run pretty well on a 2003 ThinkPad. There are lighter options, but I don't think you'll need them, and they'd sacrifice ease of use quite significantly.

Another route would be Xubuntu, if the LXDE desktop environment isn't right for you. That should also be fine.

For anything else, I'm afraid you'll probably have to look in forums for the particular emulator you want to use. It's a bit of a niche scene.

14 hours ago, jpenguin said:

http://www.lakka.tv/

Linux is Linux thought, they'll all run emulators; if you want a full desktop, I would suggest OpenSUSE

Lakka is useless its basically just a shit version of RecalBox and neither have Playstation 2 or 3 support which is the entire point of this thread. I dont want a desktop i want it to load straight into an emulator.

8 hours ago, nootnoot1277 said:

Lakka is useless its basically just a shit version of RecalBox and neither have Playstation 2 or 3 support which is the entire point of this thread. I dont want a desktop i want it to load straight into an emulator.

Maybe you should install arch then, you can install as light a desktop as you want or just X

RetroArch will eventually have a PS2 core.  PCSX2 is OK, the code just wouldn't work in a core.  They'll probably end up using purei.org, but that's still being worked on.