GTX 970 detection issues

arvark
Go to solution Solved by Zmax,

Possible your BIOS is corrupted. But you have to be very careful, if you do a flash. You can brick your MB if it's not done properly.

Have you tried removing Memory and booting with only min of stick

Hello, I've run into some problems, my PC rebooted and the GPU didn't get recognized, I tried reinstalling Windows, nothing, I was getting really mad, until I accessed the bios and, just to be sure, loaded default UEFI settings, which fixed it, after a few hours, I rebooted the PC (the fan was making a weird noise) and it happened again, and fixed it the same way... Any idea why? 

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

9 minutes ago, arvark said:

Hello, I've run into some problems, my PC rebooted and the GPU didn't get recognized, I tried reinstalling Windows, nothing, I was getting really mad, until I accessed the bios and, just to be sure, loaded default UEFI settings, which fixed it, after a few hours, I rebooted the PC (the fan was making a weird noise) and it happened again, and fixed it the same way... Any idea why? 

Default bios settings fix the issue? Maybe you are changing somthing that messed with the GPU somehow? Update bios is always a good thing to do.

My bios is up to date, last update was released in 2013

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Okay so again, after the problem in this topic happened again 

although at  60c and low freq, the PC rebooted and didn't detect the gpu again, had to reload default uefi settings and reboot it again

Spoiler

I just press the Clear CMOS button? 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, arvark said:

I just press the Clear CMOS button? 

Every MB as a different way of doing it. It should say in manual

Tried resetting it, still the same problem

Spoiler

After another reboot now the bios fix doesn't even work anymore

EDIT: It works but randomly...  if I press reset button or soft reboot it doesn't work, if I emergency shutdown the pc it does...

Spoiler

Possible your BIOS is corrupted. But you have to be very careful, if you do a flash. You can brick your MB if it's not done properly.

Have you tried removing Memory and booting with only min of stick

Now it seems it's magically fixed, both crashing and detecting, and no I haven't tried it, but I will if it persists! thanks a lot!!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, arvark said:

Now it seems it's magically fixed, both crashing and detecting, and no I haven't tried it, but I will if it persists! thanks a lot!!

Sweet.