New PC for Ethoslab

Hello everyone (this is mainly directed to Linus).  On Sept 23 Ethos youtube channel turns 10 years old.  People over on his reddit want to do something special for him to celebrate this amazing milestone.  Right now he has a pretty weak computer, his current specs are: Intel i7 (4770k) Processor, GeForce GTX 770, 32 GB DDR3 Ram.  He is mainly a minecraft youtuber except has been doing No Mans Sky.  I imagine rendering his videos takes a long time.  What we were thinking was suprising him with a new computer, and a special one.  We were thinking the case could be made to look like a minecraft grass block (BS Mods could help with the case).  The specs we were thinking were a ryzen 2600x, 32gb of ddr4 ram, gtx1070 and 3tb of HHD storage, plus psu, mobo (that stuff).  This could be a video for LLT and a shoutout/sponsorship for BS Mods, this would also help out a youtuber greatly. 

While I use to be big fan of Etho (Kinda grew out of it) I don't see LTT collaborating with company for like the ...3rd? time ever to make something for a MC youtuber. But who knows. Also that's a pretty good computer, maybe a new GPU would be all he needs.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Why dosnt he just upgrade his pc himself? I mean what makes you think Linus would give him a brand new custom system?

So, whose gonna sponsor it? The other collab videos have been sponsored by 45 Drives. If you haven't noticed, Linus doesn't do ANYTHING without having sponsor for it. EVERY giveaway is with sponsor. So. You go and find sponsor and Linus will be happy to build.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Right now he has a pretty weak computer, his current specs are: Intel i7 (4770k) Processor, GeForce GTX 770, 32 GB DDR3 Ram. 

How is that weak? Outdated yes, but weak? Certainly not.

He could literally just upgrade the GPU and everything else would still be 100% fine. No need to scrap the entire PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm like 99% sure he wouldn't agree as he has a pretty strict policy on not wanting to be recognizable by the public. He likely would not want to appear on camera. Could Linus sell the idea if only his avatar appeared on screen?

Also, It's not 100% that Linus could get his contacts to just give him the hookup for this new machine - though, that video would probably triple the average views (not sure if it really matters).

All in all, I'm not sure he really needs it. His needs are met and he can't really do more than 1080p. He hasn't been a YTer that wants to upload content for other titles, either. He has seemed like a pretty great guy (he's nice but he's Canadian; they're required to be nice by law). 

if he's been uploading for 10 years he should have the money to upgrade it him/her self or at least pay for all the parts

On 9/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, Sup_711 said:

Right now he has a pretty weak computer, his current specs are: Intel i7 (4770k) Processor, GeForce GTX 770, 32 GB DDR3 Ram.

In some ways, that's better than my PC.

The only real things he'd benefit from would be an SSD(if he doesn't have one already) and maybe a new GPU. Minecraft isn't too demanding to run, practically anything will run it. It's not that graphically intensive, especially with how he plays it. I'd imagine he does his editing encoding and whatnot on his CPU, and the 4770K is still a good CPU for that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

where do I sign up for free components?

I upload videos of DOTA cheaters to get them vac banned and uh I need a new graphics card or two so I can record at a higher frame rate

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

13 hours ago, TetraSky said:

How is that weak? Outdated yes, but weak? Certainly not.

He could literally just upgrade the GPU and everything else would still be 100% fine. No need to scrap the entire PC.

For Minecraft ofc he needs 1080ti /s. If the plan is to help on encoding, getting used 4790K would help some, and OCing that to max more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, aezakmi said:

where do I sign up for free components?

I upload videos of DOTA cheaters to get them vac banned and uh I need a new graphics card or two so I can record at a higher frame rate

You forget our eyes only see 30fps pff.