HyperX Cloud II vs Razer ManO'War

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-240487-HyperX-Cloud-II-Red-Pro-Gaming-Headset-PC-Gaming

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-222450-Razer-ManOWar-71-Gaming-Headset-PC-Gaming

They currently have only an $8 difference and I'm wondering what'd be better, they are both 7.1.

I chose these two because they also come with a 3.5 millimeter jack so I can use it on my apple devices. I also much prefer if headphones are very in-closed, so the person next to you can't hear your music.

I've red mixed reviews and haven't really gotten a solid decision, so that's why I'm making the thread and I also prefer noise cancelling, so I wear them and most of the background noise isn't audible with the headphones on.

A mute button and volume control is preferable with the headphones. I'm not worried about it's console performance. I will use one of these headphones for gaming, music, movies and just general use. 

CPU: Intel i7-8700 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

Monitor: HP OMEN 25 144hz

RAM: 8GB G Skill

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Storage: 2TB Barracuda

Start-up: Samsung 250GB SSD

Case: Corsair Spec-Omega White

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Fully Modular RGB

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition X Chroma V2

Mouse: Razer Deathadder / Logitech G502

Speakers: Logitech Z200 White / Beats Earphones

3 minutes ago, Supahh said:

They currently have only an $8 difference and I'm wondering what'd be better, they are both 7.1.

I chose these two because they also come with a 3.5 millimeter jack so I can use it on my apple devices.

Every headset comes with a 3.5mm jack...

Between the two I'd get the Cloud II. I don't know about the Man O'Wars but most of the Razer headsets I've used (borrowed from friends) had terrible bass and sub-par mic.

My sister owns a pair of Cloud II's and I've used it a fair amount. Sound is amazing, voice is also pretty clear for the price point.

I'd pick it over any Razer product any day of the week.

But the SteelSeries fanboy in me recommends the SteelSeries Arctis 5, I'm using one right now while listening to music at work. They sound just as good if not better than the Cloud II, voice is almost as good as the HyperX pair. This is a subjective thing but they're the best looking gaming headset out there because they don't really look like they're built for gaming. Plus the mic mute button and volume controls are built in to the headset.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

4 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Every headset comes with a 3.5mm jack...

Between the two I'd get the Cloud II. I don't know about the Man O'Wars but most of the Razer headsets I've used (borrowed from friends) had terrible bass and sub-par mic.

My sister owns a pair of Cloud II's and I've used it a fair amount. Sound is amazing, voice is also pretty clear for the price point.

I'd pick it over any Razer product any day of the week.

But the SteelSeries fanboy in me recommends the SteelSeries Arctis 5, I'm using one right now while listening to music at work. They sound just as good if not better than the Cloud II, voice is almost as good as the HyperX pair. This is a subjective thing but they're the best looking gaming headset out there because they don't really look like they're built for gaming. Plus the mic mute button and volume controls are built in to the headset.

Every wired headphone using the surround sound 7.1 uses a usb cable but I'm not very keen of the steelseries as it's slightly higher than my budget.

CPU: Intel i7-8700 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

Monitor: HP OMEN 25 144hz

RAM: 8GB G Skill

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Storage: 2TB Barracuda

Start-up: Samsung 250GB SSD

Case: Corsair Spec-Omega White

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Fully Modular RGB

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition X Chroma V2

Mouse: Razer Deathadder / Logitech G502

Speakers: Logitech Z200 White / Beats Earphones

Just now, Supahh said:

Every wired headphone using the surround sound 7.1 uses a usb cable

Most, if not all, of them are detachable and replaceable with regular 3.5 mm audio jacks lmao

Including the SteelSeries Arctis 5's.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I would take Kingstons HyperX.

They're made by honestly trying Takstar instead of some random trinket OEM.

Also that Beyerdynamic copying headband/ear cup attachment design is good starting point for durability, unlike designs with fancy look as priority.

1 hour ago, bleedblue said:

Unless made from steel that single sided ear cup attaching is something I wouldn't trust to be durable.

Fancy looks are exactly what gaming brands use to sell cheap productions.

Heck, Sennheiser has had major durability issues in post-Y2K HD500-models designed for fancy look.