Anno 2070

MPX309

Ok, seeing as I can't get SC 4 to run smoothly on my comp now (yes I've tried software mode, all sorts) I've just bought 2070 on steam, anyone else checked this out? Got some decent reviews

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

interested in this too, if i may add a question to your thread.

How does it compare to Civ 5?

its in a different timezone. and i believe anno 2070 is not that much about warfare, but i might be wrong on that. my brother loved it though. 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I thought that game was more comparable to cities xl rather than civ 5? But then again I could be wrong I haven't played it.

On a different note why won't civ 5 work?

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I love Anno 2070, nice graphics, good gameplay, and good in general. 

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

its in a different timezone. and i believe anno 2070 is not that much about warfare, but i might be wrong on that. my brother loved it though. 

yeah i know about the timezone but whats the main focus of the game? 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

interested in this too, if i may add a question to your thread.

How does it compare to Civ 5?

they are not comparable, one is turn based and one is rts.

I thought that game was more comparable to cities xl rather than civ 5? But then again I could be wrong I haven't played it.

On a different note why won't civ 5 work?

damn, I meant Sim City when I said SC

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

ahh cool! well with a game like simcity then

hmm, If I had to choose i would go for anno, it's just better in general, you can have several islands, you have to arrange trade routs, you have to manage air polution. and there are a lot of needs to fulfil.

EDIT: Check out NsN for some good tips and gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k

damn, I meant Sim City when I said SC

Ohhhh. I can't get sim city to work either, it crashes all the time. I think it's a windows 7 comparability problem.

If you want a sim city replacement cities xl is as close to and better than it :)

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Ohhhh. I can't get sim city to work either, it crashes all the time. I think it's a windows 7 comparability problem.

If you want a sim city replacement cities xl is as close to and better than it :)

Yeah I thought about that, Might pick it up in the next sale, but got loads to be getting on with atm now

Yeah I thought about that, Might pick it up in the next sale, but got loads to be getting on with atm now

Actually have you tried right clicking the sim city 4 shortcut, selecting properties, selecting the comparability tab and selecting Run this program in compatibility mode for: and selecting Windows xp from the drop down? I've not done it and have uninstalled sim city 4 so can't right now but if Windows 7 is the problem that should fix it.

I've never played it, I know someone that keeps telling me to buy it but I don't think it'll be my kind of game.

Anno is fun but hard to get into, not comparable to Sim City or CIV. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Actually have you tried right clicking the sim city 4 shortcut, selecting properties, selecting the comparability tab and selecting Run this program in compatibility mode for: and selecting Windows xp from the drop down? I've not done it and have uninstalled sim city 4 so can't right now but if Windows 7 is the problem that should fix it.

Yeah, I've tried all sorts, The game is too buggy to enjoy anyway, even if I did get it running "properly".

Anno looks like alot of fun though, can't wait to sink my teeth in tomorrow

Yeah, I've tried all sorts, The game is too buggy to enjoy anyway, even if I did get it running "properly".

Anno looks like alot of fun though, can't wait to sink my teeth in tomorrow

I CANT WAIT TO SINK MY TEETH IN, IN 20 DAYS WHEN MY EXAMS FINISH 

/fu im jelly

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883