MyLittleFella

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Where are you? Just invite a few people you know to have coffee. I have a favourite cafe I drive to in a town 15 mins away here in Sweden, and It's great fun just having a chat with whoever wants to join. Don't have to know someone well to invite them for a coffee, and if they can't come, their loss of a free ride to a wonderful little cafe.

3 or 4 people total will keep the conversation going, and give some variety. It sounds weird talking about it this way; Just have a coffee!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Ah. yeh I get you. I must admit I've been lucky to be born into three Citizenships that let me live most places in the world. Decided I just needed a change of scenery, so came here. It's interesting living in a country so different to the ones I was brought up with, but it's fun, although I certainly do feel isolated sometimes.

Edit: I only recently started to properly understand the phrase 'fake it till you make it'. Sometimes you just have to do things, not because you're motivated to do them, but just because you know it's what you should do. Funny thing is, once you start, the motivation comes. Fundamental problem with human motivation.

No, not at all. I was going to uni in Australia, but I just wasn't feeling it. The whole society, mindset of the people. I mean, I had good friends there, still do, but I took a step back and looked at what graduated computer scientists were like, and I hated it. Earning good money, in the same houses with high-end cars and no understanding or respect for the world that's out there. Never developing, what i consider to be one of the most important things in life, their soul.

I can 100% vouch for getting out and exploring the world. Trick is you just have to dive in head first. If you don't leave your comfort zone you'll never truly get to experience something new, and I think that it's trough our experiences that we develop as a person, not through our achievements.

Not that I can really speak as I'm still kinda figuring out the whole 'run away and experience the world' thing.

For now though, I'd say meeting and talking to people is simply a matter of organising it.

I should sleep. I need to be up in the morning. I hope it works out allright.

21 hours ago, stewi1014 said:

No, not at all. I was going to uni in Australia, but I just wasn't feeling it. The whole society, mindset of the people. I mean, I had good friends there, still do, but I took a step back and looked at what graduated computer scientists were like, and I hated it. Earning good money, in the same houses with high-end cars and no understanding or respect for the world that's out there. Never developing, what i consider to be one of the most important things in life, their soul.

Get out of the comfort of your home, your white collor jobs, and travel to subsaharan Africa to teach English or something. Maybe you will find more fullfillment in life. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Hey mate,

I don't even feel motivated to take the people I know for a coffee.

Might sound a bit harsh - but if you don't have the motivation to invite someone for a coffee, then do you really have the motivation to start a conversation or invite people?

A great way to meet people is travelling - it doesn't have to be expensive either, catch a bus somewhere, take your car and go for a roadtrip around your state/province or wherever you may live.

Kek. If you’re still in college join any stupid club like Frisby or whatever. Anime? 

If youre past all your schooling, go to a club or bar. Don’t just stand against the wall not just stand near people. 

Firmly introduce yourself & be interested in the other person. 

Some example conversation starters

“Hello, my name is FPO. What can I call you?” 

“I am a professional esports gamer. I play roblux for team Cloud9. Are you studying or working?” 

*buys 2 of a drink from a bartender. Hands one to a girl* “cheers! I hope you like white wine.” 

“I have a dog. It’s a shitzu named falicia.”

”i Love this Song. It’s called Berzerk by Eminem. It was written in the key of c but it’s actually minor so it’s considered A Minor. That’s a Transposition of the key C.” 

*walks up to group of smokers* “hey, I got these cool cigarettes from Canada. Would you like to try one?” 

All of these can generate conversation & for the most part it’s pretty obvious what can be talked about next. As long as you don’t lie, finding new friends is super easy. Walk straight up to them and talk.

The only time I was in a club with friends, I walked up to a girl sitting alone, sat down said “hi, why are you all alone?” And I was the only person that talked to any girls that night. 

On 9/2/2018 at 3:27 AM, MyLittleFella said:

Recently I tragicly lost a friendship because I got so "addicted" to her that I was afraiding of losing the person, and I that happened. I realize that even being 22 I lack of communication with ppl in the sense of actually wanting to know 'em. I never had a girlfriend in my entire life. I miss the affection and the touch. Solutions?

Get therapy. This problem isn't going to magically disappear by making new friends, it looks like you have abandonment issues (Which is more common than you might think); going to see a counsellor or therapist will help drastically. I'm going to guess that early on in your life you lost someone of deep emotional significance (maybe a close family member or a pet) and you have repressed the emotions and grief (it's what some people do) and it's now coming out as being a "clingy" kinda person

But to answer your original question, go to places you enjoy or places with people who share your interests

17 hours ago, fpo said:

Kek. If you’re still in college join any stupid club like Frisby or whatever. Anime? 

If youre past all your schooling, go to a club or bar. Don’t just stand against the wall not just stand near people. 

Firmly introduce yourself & be interested in the other person. 

Some example conversation starters

“Hello, my name is FPO. What can I call you?” 

“I am a professional esports gamer. I play roblux for team Cloud9. Are you studying or working?” 

*buys 2 of a drink from a bartender. Hands one to a girl* “cheers! I hope you like white wine.” 

“I have a dog. It’s a shitzu named falicia.”

”i Love this Song. It’s called Berzerk by Eminem. It was written in the key of c but it’s actually minor so it’s considered A Minor. That’s a Transposition of the key C.” 

*walks up to group of smokers* “hey, I got these cool cigarettes from Canada. Would you like to try one?” 

All of these can generate conversation & for the most part it’s pretty obvious what can be talked about next. As long as you don’t lie, finding new friends is super easy. Walk straight up to them and talk.

The only time I was in a club with friends, I walked up to a girl sitting alone, sat down said “hi, why are you all alone?” And I was the only person that talked to any girls that night. 

The real MVP.

You sir, are a legend.

Image result for legend meme

1 hour ago, Netivity said:

The real MVP.

You sir, are a legend.

Cuz I helped? 

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

Cuz I helped? 

Yes... Cause you helped.

I just liked the conversation starters lol.

1 hour ago, Netivity said:

I just liked the conversation starters lol.

No offense, but I wasn't trying to pick you up. :P 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

No offense, but I wasn't trying to pick you up. :P 

Dangit! 

Did you HAVE to crush my dreams like that :(

We're over. It's done.