Change from BIOS to UEFI for ASUS k55vm

Want to change from BIOS to UEFI on ASUS k55vm-sx120d.

The motherboard supports UEFI but they have provided bios only(version: k55vm.211)

Is it possible? What are the steps to be followed?

Laptop specs:

ASUS k55vm-sx120d

i5-3210m/Intel HM76 chipset

2x4GB DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 SDRAM SO-DIMM (SK Hynix HMT351S6CFR8C-PB)

Intel HD 4000+ Nvidia GT-630m

750GB SATA 3Gb/s Seagate ST9750420AS(7200RPM) hard disk

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT51N DVD drive

Windows 10 pro x64

Unfortunately back with the release of both the Sandy Bridge and the IVY Bridge, UEFI/EFI were infants. It is entirely possible your Laptop has UEFI/EFI and you dont know it. For example my laptop an HP Elitebook 8460p, uses UEFI. However other machines of the same era such as Lenovo E350 still uses a BIOS style but it is indeed UEFI. Again that time period was and is a nightmare. Case in point, I have an Intel Brand Board (desktop) of the Q77 Chipset it offers the user the option to switch from BIOS to a Visual BIOS. The Board uses UEFI, (after updating the newest version of the BIOS).  Why do you want UEFI? Both BIOS and UEFI offer, for the most part, the same thing.

Vindicator Main Rig: CPU: i7-5930K MOBO: ASRock Extreme 6 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 Storage: 256gb WD Black NVME (Boot), 1TB Mushkin Reactor SSD (Current Games), 4TB WD Black (Other Games), and 2TB WD Black HDD (everything else) CASE: Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper PSU: Corsair 750W Semi-modular 80+ Bronze.

Unkown Regions Home Server: CPU: AMD A10-5800K MOBO: ASRock FM2A88M Pro+. RAM: 22GB of Various DDR3. (2GB Dedicated to iGPU)  Storage: 180GB SSD (Boot and Program Storage), 10TB (3x WD Red 2TB and 1 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB ) in a Windows Storage System  CASE: Fractal Design Node 804 PSU: Cooler Master 400W White label.

Abomination (Work from Home/Tinker Machine) Station: CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270v2 MOBO: Intel DQ77MK mATX. RAM: 4x8GB Crucial (1600) DDR3, GPU: Nvidia Quadro 600, Storage: 128GB mSATA (In a 2.5" adapter")x2 in Raid 0, and 250GB Velicoraptor, PSU:450 Bronze EVGA, Case: Re-purposed ACER VERTIRON Case

9 minutes ago, Admiral Breaker said:

Unfortunately back with the release of both the Sandy Bridge and the IVY Bridge, UEFI/EFI were infants. It is entirely possible your Laptop has UEFI/EFI and you dont know it. For example my laptop an HP Elitebook 8460p, uses UEFI. However other machines of the same era such as Lenovo E350 still uses a BIOS style but it is indeed UEFI. Again that time period was and is a nightmare. Case in point, I have an Intel Brand Board (desktop) of the Q77 Chipset it offers the user the option to switch from BIOS to a Visual BIOS. The Board uses UEFI, (after updating the newest version of the BIOS).  Why do you want UEFI? Both BIOS and UEFI offer, for the most part, the same thing.

How can I know if my laptop show BIOS but uses UEFI? I want UEFI as windows 10 on GPT needs UEFI only.

3 minutes ago, jeevankulkarni said:

How can I know if my laptop show BIOS but uses UEFI? I want UEFI as windows 10 on GPT needs UEFI only.

What is the current partition style, is it MBR or GPT? Also GPT is better for larger capacity drives 2TB or higher. For a 750GB it is not needed. However if you went from Windows 7 to windows 10, like I did with my laptop, the partition table stays the same. One thing you could try is to reload windows 10 onto another Drive to see if it takes a GPT style of table. Also there is a software called Mini-Partition Wizard that is very helpful with this type of issue.

Vindicator Main Rig: CPU: i7-5930K MOBO: ASRock Extreme 6 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 Storage: 256gb WD Black NVME (Boot), 1TB Mushkin Reactor SSD (Current Games), 4TB WD Black (Other Games), and 2TB WD Black HDD (everything else) CASE: Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper PSU: Corsair 750W Semi-modular 80+ Bronze.

Unkown Regions Home Server: CPU: AMD A10-5800K MOBO: ASRock FM2A88M Pro+. RAM: 22GB of Various DDR3. (2GB Dedicated to iGPU)  Storage: 180GB SSD (Boot and Program Storage), 10TB (3x WD Red 2TB and 1 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB ) in a Windows Storage System  CASE: Fractal Design Node 804 PSU: Cooler Master 400W White label.

Abomination (Work from Home/Tinker Machine) Station: CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270v2 MOBO: Intel DQ77MK mATX. RAM: 4x8GB Crucial (1600) DDR3, GPU: Nvidia Quadro 600, Storage: 128GB mSATA (In a 2.5" adapter")x2 in Raid 0, and 250GB Velicoraptor, PSU:450 Bronze EVGA, Case: Re-purposed ACER VERTIRON Case

13 minutes ago, Admiral Breaker said:

What is the current partition style, is it MBR or GPT? Also GPT is better for larger capacity drives 2TB or higher. For a 750GB it is not needed. However if you went from Windows 7 to windows 10, like I did with my laptop, the partition table stays the same. One thing you could try is to reload windows 10 onto another Drive to see if it takes a GPT style of table. Also there is a software called Mini-Partition Wizard that is very helpful with this type of issue.

Current style is MBR. I just want more partitions for linux+ windows dual boot setup. I will install windows 10 on new SSD and check if it takes GPT.