Gsync VS no Gysnc

Origami Cactus

Is Gsync worth the money? People say that it makes low refresh rates feel much more smooth etc, does it actually does it? What does gysnc even do?

Here are my choices for Gysnc monitors, here my top pick is the AOC one, but that is still 690€.

5b8aafdc2c807_monitorsG.thumb.PNG.7639565e98a745d825e83506a606cdb5.PNG

But if i went non gysnc, i could have a curved 27(my prefered size) for 579 (my prefered is the msi).

5b8aaffe782d3_monitorsN.thumb.PNG.47237dfb30ad38c77df7ce89fb9f63e0.PNG

The MSI one looks much cooler than AOC, but is the Gysnc worth it? They are both in my budget, but the less i pay the better.

NB! I will not get a TN monitor ever again, and that is why there is no TN monitors in the list.

The main reason for this question is that i get about 90-144fps with a 1080ti, so here gsync would come into play?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I find it worth it, if you have excess money you don't know what to buy lol.

But yeah, i'm satisfied with mine.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

2 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

I find it worth it, if you have excess money you don't know what to buy lol.

But yeah, i'm satisfied with mine.

What is the difference in experience with gysnc enabled and disabled?

You will know the difference once you look away from your monitor and onto your friends monitor. You will start to see the tearing and wonder how you never noticed. That is my experience.

Ps. I usually play Overwatch with my setup. I have v-sync and full-screen on, so that the game and G-sync will take over.

2 minutes ago, CarlHen said:

You will know the difference once you look away from your monitor and onto your friends monitor. You will start to see the tearing and wonder how you never noticed.

I can definitely see the tearing on my 4k 60hz freesync display, because i use an nvidia gpu.

The question is, that is tearing even noticable at refreshrates that high?

I know that with a single 1080ti i wont get 144hz constantly, it dips below that, so that is where gsync would fix it?

After buying a monitor with adaptive sync (Gsync in my case) I wouldn't have it any other way. While it's not as bad at 144hz+ I can still see tearing without it. If set up correctly you get no tearing and pretty much no input lag. According to blur busters the best way to set it up is to have Gsync ON and Vsync ON in NVCP, and cap your games frame rate to 3FPS below the max refresh rate (e.g. 141FPS for 144Hz) using Afterburner/RTSS or ideally the games settings or config file if available. There will always be some degree of input lag in thorough testing but the difference between Vsync OFF and no Gsync and the settings mentioned above is pretty much nothing in practice, and you get zero tearing.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Erranty said:

I tried that one, it looks horrible with V-sync on, and amazing without it. But then again, I'm rocking a 1060 6GB with a Freesync monitor...

Im also rocking a freesync monitor right now, so i dont know.

Yeah, I got this Dell SE2717H/HX 75hz 6ms IPS display back when I was using an R9 380X. Sold that in the beginning of the mining boom for $300 and used that to get my 1060 6GB. 40% Performance upgrade, so I'm happy.