wifi dongles

SINCLR

hey team, 

NEVER used a wifi dongle on a desktop before - i've purchased a realtek rtl8811au wireless dongle 802.11ac to use with an old system running windows 10.....I install the drivers...plug her in....the thing shows the available networks in the area just like a phone,. i try to connect as you would with a phone and all i get is Unable to connect to this network! this is driving me nuts!

has anyone had this issue before??

Where did you obtain the drivers?  It could be worth looking around to see if there are any newer ones.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

Where did you obtain the drivers?  It could be worth looking around to see if there are any newer ones.

100% sure they are the correct drivers

Its not about being correct, bugs happen, so with problems like this it can be useful to try newer or even older ones just to see if it makes any difference.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

image.png.97dd374b8d10ac6b725ad8e1dddec970.pngslow down realtek servers...linus might finish his stream about his new car before you finish lol