Acer touchpad problems

Hi everyone!

I just bought a new Acer Swift 3 ultrabook, it's nice and snappy except for one issue I can't seem to solve. The touchpad does not recognise multitouch gestures. I have tried updating the drivers, though my only success was through ince Windows update. I couldn't manually install neither the Elan driver from Acer's official website nor an newer driver from a Softpedia site, it said that Windows found that the driver is already up to date.

Since the trackpad is otherwise functioning, I tried another way. I noticed that the device manager recognised the hardware as a PS/2 device and not as HID. I saw many posts on forums about having solved this by changing the touchpad setting from "basic" to "Advanced" in the BIOS. I thought it was worth a shot, i did try only to find out that there is no such option in the BIOS of my laptop. Now I'm stuck not believing that in 2018 there would be a brand new ultrabook not supporting multitouch gestures.

Some data about the PC:

Acer SF315-52G-50CD

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

BIOS: ver. 1.05 from the official site

Touchpad hardware IDs: ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_050A  or  ACPI\ETD050A  or  *ETD050A

This model is I think made only for Hungarian use since the keyboard is also Hungarian, and I couldn't find this particular model on the English Acer site. However, I do hope that they don't ship cut-down versions of their hardware to this region.

If anyone could help, I'd be more than happy.

Cheers!

Edit: on the acershop site it is specified that it has Acer Precision trackpad with support for multitouch :/

Also, there seems to be something else. After waking up from sleep, the trackpad does not respond to any inputs. I tried pressing F7 (key here for disabling trackpad) without any success.

Does Windows shows Precision touchpad in touchpad section?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Swift 3 does multitouch gestures. outside of driver updates my only other thought is a defective track pad. All the fixes online say hold F2 on boot to enter bios, set touchpad to advanced then F10 to save and exit (like what you did). I rarely say these words but perhaps it might be time to contact tech support.

####################  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

####################  GPU: Radeon Vega 8 

####################  Ram: 8gb DDR4 2666MHz

####################  SSD: OEM 128gb M SATA 

####################  HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1tb 5400RPM

On 2018. 08. 30. at 2:09 PM, ZM Fong said:

Does Windows shows Precision touchpad in touchpad section?

No, it either shows as ps/2 mouse, or as Elan input device after windows updates the drivers on its own. The driver on the acer site seems to be faulty, because there's no executable file in the archive, and I couldn't find the same driver anywhere yet (that worked).

On 2018. 08. 30. at 6:22 PM, Death Hawk said:

Swift 3 does multitouch gestures. outside of driver updates my only other thought is a defective track pad. All the fixes online say hold F2 on boot to enter bios, set touchpad to advanced then F10 to save and exit (like what you did). I rarely say these words but perhaps it might be time to contact tech support.

Yeah, well, I guess it is. I spent an hour in the shop where I bought it, and the guy helping me couldn't find anyting else either. He said the official driver from acer was faulty, and that probably this problem is going to be solved by driver updates, since this model is pretty new here. Anyways, thank you for answering :)