Using 2 monitors with Oracle VirtualBox Manager

rf9661
Hello!

I have a macOS Virtual Machine running on my Windows 10 PC. It was set to use both of my monitors. I've attached a photo of where it says that both of my monitors are counted. Please let me know what I need to do to be able to use macOS 10.13 on both my monitors. 

NOTE: I don't want 2 separate instances of macOS running but rather 2 monitors for the same virtual machine.'

Here are the core specs of the system if that helps:
CPU: i7 6700K
MOBO: Asus Z170-A
RAM: 16GB of DDR4 at 2400MHz
GPU: GTX 970 (this is the GPU that both monitors are plugged into)

Let me know if you need any more information,
Richard

NOTE: I've just discovered that the 2nd monitor isn't enabled. The 'Enable' button is greyed out. I've attached a 2nd screenshot.

NOTE: I have tried plugging both monitors into the motherboard and both into the GPU to no avail.

ATTACHMENTS
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (45.63 KiB) Not viewed yet
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.96 KiB) Viewed 3 times

1 minute ago, Electronics_Lab said:

Does MacOS see both monitors?

Kind of. It recognizes that there's something to mirror to but it won't show 2 separate monitors.

Capture 3.PNG

I did a quick search and saw this post on the Level1 Tech forums: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/multiple-monitors-in-virtualbox/115445/3 and it seems that there is a driver issue (if that's even a thing with mac, never used one tbh). They mention a "VirtualBox tools" package needs to be installed on the VM (MacOS in your case).

EDIT: Really wish they embedded it into the software tbh!

Hope This Helps,

Chris

4 minutes ago, Electronics_Lab said:

I did a quick search and saw this post on the Level1 Tech forums: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/multiple-monitors-in-virtualbox/115445/3 and it seems that there is a driver issue (if that's even a thing with mac, never used one tbh). They mention a "VirtualBox tools" package needs to be installed on the VM (MacOS in your case).

EDIT: Really wish they embedded it into the software tbh!

Hope This Helps,

Chris

Trying this now! 

22 minutes ago, Electronics_Lab said:

Any Luck?

Unfortunately not... I replied to the thread that you posted and haven't received any tips there. I'm going to try booting macOS off of a USB instead of using a VM.