Data migration help

Im trying to kill two birds with one stone today. I built a new system recently and attempted to reuse my old windows boot SSD with all my main files stored on it from my old HP prebuild system. Ive now got the dreaded "Activate Windows" overlay, and my Optain memory crashes the PC upon boot when its activated. My friend is buying the old PC from me now, so i wanted to transfer the SSD back into it so that the windows version works and quits throwing a fit and so that i will get a fresh installation. Question is, how do i transfer all of my files from the old SSD to the new one with windows installed on both drives? and then how do i clean all my data off the old drive but leave windows on it?

To get data off one drive and on another one, you clone them (you get 2 exact copies). You clean data on the old one by reinstalling existing windows on it. 

1 hour ago, Light-Yagami said:

To get data off one drive and on another one, you clone them (you get 2 exact copies). You clean data on the old one by reinstalling existing windows on it. 

Does cloning the drive clone windows on the drive as well?