Plex trough TP-LINK AP

esthreel
Go to solution Solved by esthreel,

OK, all is working thank you @Oshino Shinobu.

In case anyone would have some similar issues: 

Uninstall any third party firewall, then go to here and click Restore Defaults. 

Capture.PNG.754ced32620ccf222b68422764f7f956.PNG

Then log off, log in. Click allow on all the popups you will get. Repeat process on other machines. 

Hello, 

I got myself EAP245 I can see all the device IPs on port 4 of my router, but I can't seem to be able to connect to anything wired trough the AP. My Plex server is not reachable, RDP can't connect to any of the PCs.

Any ideas?

Are all the devices on the same subnet? 

What's the IP address of the Plex server, what's the IP address of a device that cannot connect to the server?

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Are all the devices on the same subnet? 

What's the IP address of the Plex server, what's the IP address of a device that cannot connect to the server?

I can see all wired devices on port 1 to 3 and I can see everything connected tough AP on port 4. Is just says iPad  with IP assigned tough router and connection WIRED. I mean the AP does work like a switch pools from the ROUTER but I can't connect to anything from AP to actual wired on router. 

Capture.PNG

Server is on Static  .100 phone is connected trough AP DHCP. Both should take the IPs from the router. 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, esthreel said:

Capture.PNG

Can they be pinged? 

If they can ping but not RDP, FTP or something similar, there may be a firewall type setting on the AP. 

Also, what router do you have?

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Can they be pinged? 

If they can ping but not RDP, FTP or something similar, there may be a firewall type setting on the AP. 

Also, what router do you have?

I can ping anything with that is connected trough WIFI. Ping fails if I try WIFI to any wired device. I have two desktops, both don't ping from my phone. But I can ping my iPad. Chromecast etc. 

Router is ISP hardware called MediaAccess TG389ac

Edited by esthreel

5 minutes ago, esthreel said:

I can ping anything with that is connected trough WIFI. Ping fails if I try WIFI to any wired device. I have two desktops, both don't ping from my phone. But I can ping my iPad. Chromecast etc. 

Router is ISP hardware called MediaAccess TG389ac

So wireless devices can ping eachother but wired to wireless can't and wireless to wired can't?

Can you ping the AP itself from the wired devices? I'd look around in the AP's settings for any firewall or DHCP settings that could be causing blocks or conflicts. 

Then log off, log in. Click allow on all the popups you will get. Repeat process on other machines. 

8 minutes ago, esthreel said:

Damn firewalls, always causing problems. 

Thanks for feeding back as I wouldn't have expected WiFi firewall settings to be different from wired.  I guess it makes sense, WiFi is more likely to be public, but Windows own firewall usually treats them all equally by default so this is obviously a difference in the third-party one.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7