GPU mounting

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

The mounting doesn't really matter as long as there's enough air flow going through. If I recall from what little I've seen about GPU temperatures with cards that were vertically mounted in a normal style case, it was higher, but only because the video card was basically an inch from the glass. That's not a lot of room to breath.

hey guys 

as today's pc cases gives option to make gpu mounting in two ways i.e, vertical or horizontal

what do you guys think about this 

does it really helps in removing some heat out faster!!?

if you guys can tell me the percentage amount then it will be a good reason to show my friends , why new pc cases are good with vertical mounting

share it with your friends , may be we get something new to talk about

The mounting doesn't really matter as long as there's enough air flow going through. If I recall from what little I've seen about GPU temperatures with cards that were vertically mounted in a normal style case, it was higher, but only because the video card was basically an inch from the glass. That's not a lot of room to breath.

If I remember correctly, I saw a video where somebody said that it isn't much of an improvement and could be even worse depending on the case a airflow design. Some cases will have the card pressed up close to the glass and so doesn't leave much room for airflow on the 3rd party cards that don't use Nvidia's blower design. So my guess its really just aesthetics. 

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

ok i get it ,so if their is good airflow and no constraints , then it will be performing better

i understand that glass makes gpu hotter !!

but to take ideal environment i want to see the percentage difference :x

Just now, Saksham Patel said:

ok i get it ,so if their is good airflow and no constraints , then it will be performing better

i understand that glass makes gpu hotter !!

but to take ideal environment i want to see the percentage difference :x

I don't think it matters. Anything that needs a fan to cool off will have a fan cooling it better than anything else, unless it's in a the path of a breeze that's blowing as much if not more air.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Waring said:

If I remember correctly, I saw a video where somebody said that it isn't much of an improvement and could be even worse depending on the case a airflow design. Some cases will have the card pressed up close to the glass and so doesn't leave much room for airflow on the 3rd party cards that don't use Nvidia's blower design. So my guess its really just aesthetics. 

blower style sucks in looks xD 

yeah you get my point is it really for asthetics or some beneficial variation in temperatures

Vertical mounting hurts GPU temps most of time because video card ends up being very close to the side panel

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Just now, Saksham Patel said:

blower style sucks in looks xD 

yeah you get my point is it really for asthetics or some beneficial variation in temperatures

I mean, the founder's edition isn't that bad but the 2070 and 2080 look awful.

1 minute ago, Matthew Waring said:

I mean, the founder's edition isn't that bad but the 2070 and 2080 look awful.

yeah they look like some shitty patern of colouring like noctua's xD