Isolation Transformer issues

Hey, Putting this in Hobby because I think that's the best fit? Excuse my crude drawing.

Basically, I'm trying to connect a piece of stereo equipment with unbalanced stereo output to two separate mono amplifiers, Being a bit keen on safety, I got an isolation transformer set to put between the two channels.

My Issue is thus: When Plugged into each mono amp, I'm getting really bad ground hum. Like, really bad. Scary bad. Touch the connector and get tingles bad.

Multi-meter gives me a connection between any combination of two of the wires heading towards the amplifiers (Both Negative Leads, Both Positive leads, positive to negative across channels) but only when plugged into the amps; unplugged there's no connection between negatives or positives if you probe it, and the connectors are isolated from ground. Both amps are plugged into the same power strip.

Whats the safe solution here? I'm assuming it's making a complete circuit through the power bar; If so, what are my options?

Edit: There's inductor coils on the stereo unit. Probably should have just put the + and - don't worry too much about that.

20180823_225744.jpg

You do realize that a safety transformer is meant for AC only. When there is no AC on the coils they will act like a long wire shorting the input/output when connected to DC. There are devices on the market for audio that do what u want.