Random shut downs after CPU and Bios Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Astarore,

Sounds like it could perhaps be a ram issue if it only happens once you stress the ram with running applications.Especially with Chrome which is known to be quite ram hungry

Specs
Base Computer
Dell Optiplex 755mt
Mother Board
Intel Q35 Express
Processor Socket
LGA775 Socket
Upgrades
BIOS Version
A22
CPU
Intel q9650 / 3GHz (No Overclock, yet?)
RAM
4 x 2GB: Samsung 2GB 4GB 8GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400U DIMM
GPU
MSI GT 710 1gb DDR3 Low Profile
Hard drive 
Seagate FireCuda 1000GB Internal 3.5" (ST1000DX002) SSHD (Solid State Hybrid)
Powersupply
Corsair CX500 80 Plus Bronze Active PFC ATX12V & EPS12V
CPU Heat Sink
Dell Optiplex Heat Sink D9729 0D9729
CPU Thermal Paste
Coollaboratory Liquid Pro
Extra Cooling
80mm fan, 30mm fan, stock CPU fan
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Problem
As far as I can tell the shut downs are completely random. As long as I don't run any applications it will stay on. Once I open an application like chrome to watch a YouTube video there's a chance that a shut down and reboot will happen, but it doesn't always happen -i.e. completely random. When it does shut down it resembles unplugging the power cable while the computer is still on. 

This started after I replaced the CPU, RAM, and upgraded the BIOS. It's not a power supply issue because I have tried fixing it with 2 different power supplies now; the base 305W PSU and the Corsair 500W PSU. I have download both CPUID and Core Temp to see how the CPU is holding up and it appears to be doing alright running at between 35C normal load and 55C under heavier load.

At this point I don't know what to try next. I've read that the CPU and Mother board should run fine with the A22 BIOS so I don't know if a down grade to A21 BIOS is warranted. Also, I've never done a downgrade on a BIOS before so I don't know if downgrades screw with other drivers and if I need to do a clean install of Windows. If any one has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try everything possible before I go buy a new Q9650. I understand that it would have been easier to buy a new computer but this was about the learning experience  which has been amazing so far.

If you need any other information, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like it could perhaps be a ram issue if it only happens once you stress the ram with running applications.Especially with Chrome which is known to be quite ram hungry

17 minutes ago, Astarore said:

There were two things I was hoping no one would suggest, CPU and RAM. But I'm thinking you're right. I'll let ya know how swapping the ram goes. Thanks for the suggestion m8.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 8:46 PM, Astarore said:

Night one with new RAM and no reboots. <3 we'll give it a week. Thank you if this works.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, TylerMH1996 said:

There were two things I was hoping no one would suggest, CPU and RAM. But I'm thinking you're right. I'll let ya know how swapping the ram goes. Thanks for the suggestion m8.

We got a reboot :'-(

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 8:46 PM, Astarore said:

Was a RAM voltage issue. You were right. GG