Computer Freezes on Boot?

J-BANANZA

Hello, 

I've recently gotten the nerves to try to fix my computer. It's been about three months since it stopped working--back to when the computer had no signal.

It turns out that the power supply was the issue--no signal was given despite the computer "working." Since then, I've replaced the power supply with an EVGA 500W one, replaced the CPU with an FX-6300 and bought a new motherboard (Gigabyte 970AUD3P). 

I've attempted booting and I've managed to get windows to almost boot. It keeps getting stuck at either the login page or the loading before that. 

I know it's not the hard drive because I have a different desktop and Windows loads correctly and quickly on the same hard drive (I thought the HDD was dead).

I can't get past the login screen, any help?

What you mean with stuck ?

just a black screen ?

loading screen keeps loading ?

pc shuts down suddenly ?

in my case I was getting a blue screen. Because of wrong drivers

my friend was having this issue because bad software version on his ssd 

try the following to debug the driver issue ( or maybe bios settings )

install linux on it 

if that works. Do a fresh windows Install

if that windows fails again the. Check your bios to see if you got some is setting ( other os or Linux. Need to be other os ) 

it also could be the mode he mode the disk is in ( asci ? )

Or you could try to use a other sata port ( worked in my case ) 

greets from PowerChaos

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

I've tried what you've mentioned @PowerChaos, but still nothing :( .  I have even cleared the CMOS and ensured that the HDD was NTFS. I have tried two SATA ports, and I wouldn't really expect any of the other 4 to work (will try meanwhile).

By stuck, I mean that the Windows begins to boot but soon gets frozen (the loading circle stops spinning).

Try to boot in safe mode

disable everything including network ( press f8 at boot until you can select safe mode xD )

if that boots then reboot in safe mode with network and manual install the correct drivers 

Greets from PowerChaos 

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

I might have to reinstate Windows before trying safe mode since I formatted the drive--currently can't access safe mode. Will post an update.

Thanks for the advice @PowerChaos