Thoughts on this PC

I'm going to be building a PC very soon to be doing some light gaming such as CSGO and Fortnite, i'm just here wondering if there is any potential improvements I could make to the system with a budget of around £500-550. If possible I'd also like ways to save money where possible but also ways to improve it(they don't have to fit into both categories).

Here is the link: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YVKfnH

Thanks

Looks very solid overall for the budget. Nothing stands out as a glaring issue or anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Don't get that wifi card. I've got it and it's terrible. It only works with 2.4ghz. get something better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

7 minutes ago, ukpcneeded said:

I'm going to be building a PC very soon to be doing some light gaming such as CSGO and Fortnite, i'm just here wondering if there is any potential improvements I could make to the system with a budget of around £500-550. If possible I'd also like ways to save money where possible but also ways to improve it(they don't have to fit into both categories).

Here is the link: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YVKfnH

Thanks

I would say get like a 650watts psu so you don't have to spend full price on another power supply, as the 2400g doesn't have the best graphic processor so you might add a graphics card later on.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Don't get that wifi card. I've got it and it's terrible. It only works with 2.4ghz. get something better.

I've got it in my current PC and it seems to work fine for me, is there anything better in the price range of that one?

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Yes I wanted to point that out, or just get a ethernet cable if you can.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Just now, PokiDaSpitz said:

I would say get like a 650watts psu so you don't have to spend full price on another power supply, as the 2400u doesn't have the best graphic processor so you might add a graphics card later on.

No need, 550W is more then enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, ukpcneeded said:

I've got it in my current PC and it seems to work fine for me, is there anything better in the price range of that one?

What are the speeds you're paying for?

1 minute ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

I would say get like a 650watts psu so you don't have to spend full price on another power supply, as the 2400g doesn't have the best graphic processor so you might add a graphics card later on.

550 watts will supply a 1080 with enough power and still have headroom so a 650 watt would be overkill for the most part.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Adding a GPU was my plan when I started planning it as i need to stay in budget right now and will add one in the future

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

No need, 550W is more then enough.

I mean a 650 would only be a few more bucks. better be safe than sorry ;)

What are the speeds you're paying for?

We're paying for up to 38 mb/s but rarely get above 25

1 minute ago, ukpcneeded said:

Then you dont have to honestly bother about getting a better wifi card.

7 minutes ago, ukpcneeded said:

9 minutes ago, ukpcneeded said:

If you're happy with it. Keep it.

8 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

I mean a 650 would only be a few more bucks. better be safe than sorry ;)

OP has set budget.. £550. You don't need high wattage. GPUs are becoming more efficient. Using less power.

Good build, but I would lose the case. I have one of those and it's airflow is, eh.

hi.

Good first build, that's a  solid selection for a first timer so give yourself a pat on the back.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

4 minutes ago, KendoSapion said:

Good first build, that's a  solid selection for a first timer so give yourself a pat on the back.

Cheers for that I’ve been hoping to build a PC for a long time now so I’m quite excited now

8 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Good build, but I would lose the case. I have one of those and it's airflow is, eh.

Is there any other similar looking cases for that sort of price with the RGB fans in the front that you can recommend?

scan has some deals on cases and power supplies. if you go scroll about halfway down the page you will see them.