Computer slowing down after two weeks of owning

YakityYak

hey i just bought a acer desktop and within two weeks my computer is lowing down is this normal as  i just switched to windows due to working but i was on mac for years and went to the macs originally cause it seemed like the didn't start slowing down like this one is also why would this happen 

thanks 

2 minutes ago, John Love said:

hey i just bought a acer desktop and within two weeks my computer is lowing down is this normal as  i just switched to windows due to working but i was on mac for years and went to the macs originally cause it seemed like the didn't start slowing down like this one is also why would this happen 

thanks 

Define slowing down. 

Well what i mean is like the time it takes for programs to pull up for example, chrome you to pop right up but now it takesw like 6 secondz before it does another other apps do the same, in addition to this internet speed has slowed down even though the actual mps of my internet which is 15 has remained the same 

Just now, John Love said:

Well what i mean is like the time it takes for programs to pull up for example, chrome you to pop right up but now it takesw like 6 secondz before it does another other apps do the same, in addition to this internet speed has slowed down even though the actual mps of my internet which is 15 has remained the same 

Download defraggler and defragment your disks. Don’t defragment ssds and don’t use the stock defrag software included with windows because it doesn’t work properly.

Thank you. I currently only have ssd in my computer so is there anything else i could try

Just now, John Love said:

Thank you. I currently only have ssd in my computer so is there anything else i could try

How much ram do you have? Open task manager and check if the cpu is being hogged by something.

I upgraded the ram immediately after buying it i currently have 16gb of corsair lpx feeling like i should have just built a computer cause i have bought that as well as a gtx 1050 ti lol thanks for helping me out man

Check to see if you have many start-up programs you don't actually need running.

Creating a shortcut for them instead of AutoRunning on startup.

Besides a problematic program on startup holding things back or filling up your SSD to 75% already, there shouldn't be much of any slowdown expect for first boot/first load of apps before they reside in memory for faster launch.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

15 minutes ago, John Love said:

thanks 

Well, it is obviously not normal that your system slows down over time, beside if you have an HDD, and it gets fragmented and you don't defragment (Windows auto-defragment, unless you have the system turned off on the defined scheduled defragmentation, so it can't do its thing).

They are few things that can slow down a computer:

• Installing a program that runs on the back and demanding (see Task Manager)
  • Installing a crappy Anti-Virus or Security software. (uninstall it/switch to another one. Windows 10 comes with one already called: Windows Defender, so you can remove whatever else you have installed)
  • Driver related issue (missing or has a bug). Check motherboard chipset, in your case.
  • HDD failing (but you said you have an SSD, so those would normally just fail, in 1 shot, and gradually get worse)
  • or system is over heating. Make sure that CPU, Chipset, and GPU is not running hot and are throttling (running slowly).

thank you, Yeah i checked my start ups and i had already disabled everything and as off now im only using around 1/4 off my SSD memory

Check working temp of CPU and GPU there are freeware ( free software )  for this.

You may have oveheating

whats a good one to download i dont wanna download a bad one or a scam virus

1 hour ago, John Love said:

whats a good one to download i dont wanna download a bad one or a scam virus

Open up Windows Defender, update its definitions and manually do a scan every few weeks to every couple of months on a seemingly stable system.

It's updated regularly, and a good first step before looking deeper for nasties you know may exist.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz