Black Folder icon background when deleting a folder.

UBoF

Hey guys. 

I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Windows 10 os. When permanently deleting a folder, the folder icon shows up with a black background (screenshot is attached). 

NOTE: This only happens when deleting a folder. Windows explorer shows the folders fine only when deleting them this happens. 

Things I have tried. 

Clean thumbnails using Disk Cleanup tool (not admin)

Clean thumbnails using Disk Cleanup tool (As admin)

Also, the steps here: https://www.guidingtech.com/how-to-fix-the-black-folder-background-issue-in-windows-10/

Did not resolve the issue. 

It started when I restored some important files from a recently crashed drive. I am thinking that it is caused by a virus but scanning using malwarebytes and avast gave no result. 

Hope somebody can help. 

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, UBoF said:

Hey guys. 

I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Windows 10 os. When permanently deleting a folder, the folder icon shows up with a black background (screenshot is attached). 

This is strange. You should have this dialog box:
Capture.PNG.dadf964ffd8465b8f7e3aafef70f5184.PNG

Notice the smaller icon than what you have, and the folder path being mentioned.

The black background you have is because Windows tried to do the alpha blending effect and fails (that means it doesn't do transparency)

Does the problem happen with every folder? Did you try simply restarting the PC? Did you use any system tweak tools on your system?

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

This is strange. You should have this dialog box:
Capture.PNG.dadf964ffd8465b8f7e3aafef70f5184.PNG

Notice the smaller icon than what you have, and the folder path being mentioned.

The black background you have is because Windows tried to do the alpha blending effect and fails (that means it doesn't do transparency)

Does the problem happen with every folder? Did you try simply restarting the PC? Did you use any system tweak tools on your system?

Yes, it does happen with every folder I tried to delete. Not when deleting batch of folders though. The OS is newly installed and yes I did many restarts. All I did was copy the files from my crashed drive to the new ssd. 

No tweak tools on my system. 

I appreciate you checking on this. 

still no good. I might have to reinstall Windows.