GTX 1050TI Doesn't Display Video After 6 Months

silasjdemone

After 6ish months my graphics card stopped working out of no where, I can plug the displays into my motherboard and it works fine, about 1 month ago I had trouble with the card, It started up, grey scale and in 4:3 stretched, turned out to be something wrong with the drivers or something like that. I've had so many troubles with Gigabyte in the past i've lost hope and really don't want to have to RMA because they always send the same thing back still broken lol.

So when plugged into the on-board GPU does the card still show up? It is normal for a external GPU to output nothing when the on-board GPU is utilized on a desktop PC. It seems unlikely since you have been using this GPU for six months already, but try and check your BIOS settings.

I'll restart in a moment and check the BIOS but, the gpu doesn't show up in the device manager. I never used on-board video until now because it stopped working.

21 minutes ago, mathizel said:

So when plugged into the on-board GPU does the card still show up? It is normal for a external GPU to output nothing when the on-board GPU is utilized on a desktop PC. It seems unlikely since you have been using this GPU for six months already, but try and check your BIOS settings.

Well, my BIOS doesnt even show anything to do with graphics cards because its such an old motherboard.

I guess I should have included this in the original post, as of 4 days ago, It would only give me display SOMETIMES, sometimes the gpu would work, other times it wouldnt. And now as I have it on the IGPU, i cant put it to sleep, i only have the options to shut down and restart if that means anything.

3 minutes ago, silasjdemone said:

Well, my BIOS doesnt even show anything to do with graphics cards because its such an old motherboard.

You could try Speccy to see if the GTX shows up: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy.

Alternatively you could try to install the Nvidia Driver to see if it responds. Also, be sure that there is no 'unknown' device in device manager. If the card is actively cooled you could check if the fan spins. 

Edit: Seems like a connection issue. Stupid question but, are you sure the card is properly seated in the PCI-E slot? Try to pull it out and push it back in and be sure to screw it before pushing in the cable.

1 minute ago, mathizel said:

You could try Speccy to see if the GTX shows up: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy.

Alternatively you could try to install the Nvidia Driver to see if it responds. Also, be sure that there is no 'unknown' device in device manager. If the card is actively cooled you could check if the fan spins. 

Also forgot to mention that lol, fans are spinning, im in the middle of downloading the drivers now!

Just now, silasjdemone said:

Also forgot to mention that lol, fans are spinning, im in the middle of downloading the drivers now!

Don't forget to look at the edit :)

7 minutes ago, mathizel said:

Edit: Seems like a connection issue. Stupid question but, are you sure the card is properly seated in the PCI-E slot? Try to pull it out and push it back in and be sure to screw it before pushing in the cable.

So, in speccy it does show up, and i just checked device manager and it is there now, i didnt do anything but they are there and recognized, maybe its another driver thing dicking around on me again. I did reseat it, I'll try a few things and update ya

37 minutes ago, mathizel said:

What an eventful 30 minutes lol, SO

Before i was done downloading the drivers, i decided to plug the hdmi cord back into the gpu and it for some reason worked, (it didnt work before but since i saw it in the device manager now i thought id try it) and it worked for some reason. BUT then when i plugged my other monitor in, it worked aswell but, it pushed all the icons and my geforce experience away. So i plugged it back into the igpu, let that download finish, restarted and now it works and everything is fine.

AND we're back right where we started, no display unless it goes into the motherboard, the GPU isn't showing up in speccy or device manager now