Ubuntu 18.04 locks up after 8-12+ hours

at the start of the week i had the power drop out twice in about 20 mins , the system was running Ubuntu 18.04 latest build as of monday-tuesday ill explain latter more why i dont have the exact  kernal build i have installed . it now after anywhere between 8-12+ hours locks hard . i tried to do the alt f1-f3 thing it doesn't work and i cant ssh into the server when it does this only thing i can do is pull power or hold the power button in .

when it does lockup i had the monitor GUI thing that ships with ubuntu by default and ram was at anywhere from 10-30% used and Swap was mostly at 10-50% @ under a gb by default size . a few times swap was at near full but this i saw  when it was running fine anything that was doing anything it seemed to fill swap up , im used to centos for my Nas that touches ram then swap not swap then ram .

i will note when i did reboot it after the power loss my fstab for my 8tb drive for storage on it wouldn't mount, its address had changed sdc1 to scb1 . my friend who is mainly linux said this was a issue or wasnt a good sign . since the kernal went into rescue mode .

i should note this system was on a surge protector from cyberpower i think its on one i know that much . i didnt have it on any of my UPS's since atm im either at there max load or over them . i guess being cheap may bite me on my ass . i have a 1350, and two 1500 va PFC from cyberpower. soon will have it on one i guess

the ubuntu 18.04 desktop system in question is
supermicro cse-826 2u 12bay one if i put the wrong chassis in

asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming

1700x amd cpu stock

low profile nocuta cooler

1k gold PSU only have 1 atm is redundant able.

1 tb sandisk ssd

8tb tobisaba NAS drive

8gb stick of ryzen approved ram = i paid 20% more then my normal sticks of ddr4 i buy

at the moment i have it booted into the live cd/usb i used to install ubuntu as a test to see if i damaged either the MB/CPU/Ram/PSU . this is the best way to tell if i screwed up my Ubuntu install right ?. if it locks then i killed a piece of hardware.  memtest came back fine only did a few passes thou.

if i dont lockup then my OS is Messed up then right?. or my 8tb hdd

Now for the question does anyone know or have a guide to do a install of 18.04 desktop without nuking the files in  /user/home/ . all the ones i found were for older version of ubuntu . i rather not have to do a fresh install but want to fix this the right way .

in about 12 hours from now , system has been on for 12 hours already ,  ill be booting into the 1tb drive to yank off my docker files and anything i need  incase i need to format the OS disc this is if its not locked up when i check it . 

i did see it may be the GUI that is locking up but i was told i should still be able to SSH in if the GUI died or is bad in someway , the system was running fine for 2 weeks before this happened with no issues  .

so if you want me run any command in the terminal put them below and ill copy the output into a reply . im a novice a linux im mainly windows but i cant run what i need to on a windows machine even thur docker .

before anyone asks all the log files in  /var/log end exactly 5 mins before it locks up so there arnt any system logs sadly . i saw there is a bug or a issue with the 2nd gen ryzen cpu's on Ubuntu but since im running first gen i dont think it effects me .

i know i ant giving much to go on i wish i had a log file that said this was the cause . (my centos rig has a kernel panic with External storage devices ,HBA/Raid cards the last few kernels) so i know roughly how to find it in the log file but timestamps make it real simple .

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS