Samsung Note9 or Asus ROG Phone?

J66

Hello everyone I was going to buy a phone but then saw the two new unreleased phones which are Samsung Note9 and Asus ROG Phone. The problem is that I am only getting one but they both seem interesting. I need a phone for school but that can also do competitive gaming. The Samsung one is new and cool and Samsung them self are also a well know brand in the phone market, while Asus' ROG brand is new but has a lot of cool accessories specially the twin view dock because I like to work and have a video going at the same time. The camera on the Samsung seems to be better then the Asus but they both seem to be good. Samsung's S pen seems cool but I personally don't know a use for it. But the phones are nearly the same, except for a few differences here and there, mobile computer dock of the ROG phone seems useful but I have no idea what I am going to use it for. The speculated price  of the ROG phone is said to be $1300 while the Samsung is $1379 so the prices don't matter to me that much. Can you please tell me which one is better at normal day stuff but is still awesome at gaming? Feedback is really appreciated!

The Samsung starts at $1000 not $1379, but I would recommend the Samsung over the rog phone purely because it will have a significantly better camera and it’s asus’ first attempt at a smart phone so there will definitely be some issues they need to work out in a second version 

Rog phone is still not available to be purchased even after 2 months since it announcement

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

The Samsung starts at $1000 not $1379, but I would recommend the Samsung over the rog phone purely because it will have a significantly better camera and it’s asus’ first attempt at a smart phone so there will definitely be some issues they need to work out in a second version 

It’s not asuses first smart phone, it’s their first gaming phone

16 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

The price of the Samsung phone in Canada says $1300 for the maxed out specs

On 15/8/2018 at 8:05 PM, J66 said:

The price of the Samsung phone in Canada says $1300 for the maxed out specs

Yeah that’s about right, 512gb is a bit overkill though. The s9+ seems to run great with 6gb of ram so I’d be confident in recommending just the base model for $1000