Form Factor Question

jakep0802

I am currently trying to build my first computer (specs in signature), and I was wondering what's the difference between a 2.5" drive and M.2. They are the exact same price. I also looked at their read and write speed and they are exactly the same. So, should I get the M.2 or the 2.5", and does the form factor matter?

EDIT: Here are the drives:

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

Image result for m.2

This is an M.2 SSD. It plugs into the motherboard. It is around the size of a finger.

Image result for ssd

This is a 2.5" drive. It needs cables from the motherboard and power supply. 

The M.2 drive is smaller and more convenient.

Image result for 2.5" and m.2 compare

This is for scale. M.2 the smaller one and 2.5" the bigger one.

hi.

9 minutes ago, jakep0802 said:

I am currently trying to build my first computer (specs in signature), and I was wondering what's the difference between a 2.5" drive and M.2. They are the exact same price. I also looked at their read and write speed and they are exactly the same. So, should I get the M.2 or the 2.5", and does the form factor matter?

EDIT: Here are the drives:

No. just 1 takes pcie lanes and 1 takes a sata port.