Computer reboots while gaming

When I'm gaming on a heavy game, the pc rebbots without bsod. I've checked CPU and GPU temperatures and they are ok, fans are spinning, all drivers are installed.

In the windows event viewer I have a critical error called "Kernel-Power" with id 41 (full xml log in file) so I think this is a power issue. 

I tried to switch electric socket but the pc keeps rebooting. I noticed that when the air conditioning in my home is working the pc reboots so I bought a good UPS ( UPS MODEL ) but this didn't fix.

I don't know where is the problem, I have a thermaltake 630W PSU with this setup: 

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5,

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K,

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X,

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

I've also formatted all, I think I will send back the UPS. Can someone help me? Thanks

Log.xml

an error with the kernal would usually point to ram.

you didn't mention how much ram you have , but take all but a single stick out (provided that one stick is just enough to run your game) and see if that stops the issue. no use running memtest a bad stick can still pass it.

50 minutes ago, emosun said:

an error with the kernal would usually point to ram.

you didn't mention how much ram you have , but take all but a single stick out (provided that one stick is just enough to run your game) and see if that stops the issue. no use running memtest a bad stick can still pass it.

Sorry, I have 8 GB of ram ( 2 stick of 4GB Corsair Vengeance).  I have this problem when I play PUBG or Rainbow six siege but they need 8GB of ram :(

in that case try just flip flopping their positions and also try using the opposite open slots instead of the ones they are in. perhaps rearranging and reseating them will have a measurable effect.

you're telling you have a thermaltake psu with a titan x?

it's the "smart" psu right?

that's suicidal dude no wonder why it keeps restarting, it's not RAM

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

17 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

you're telling you have a thermaltake psu with a titan x?

it's the "smart" psu right?

that's suicidal dude no wonder why it keeps restarting, it's not RAM

So I have to buy another PSU? It isn't a problem, do you have any advice ? I have a Thermaltake Berlin 630W PSU because before I had a nvidia 760 GPU.

What do you mean with " it's the "smart" psu right? " ?

9 minutes ago, NiccoloFanton said:

So I have to buy another PSU? It isn't a problem, do you have any advice ? I have a Thermaltake Berlin 630W PSU because before I had a nvidia 760 GPU.

What do you mean with " it's the "smart" psu right? " ?

My idea is that the card is overloading the +12V rail to the point the PSU trips the OCP and cuts power for a moment making the computer restart, you have a 40A card, the PSU has only 45A available, add the CPU, board and other components... it's not everything about how many watts a PSU can deliver, current is also important.

It's known as Smart because that's how it was branded in America, there were different models for Europe and Asia but the board model is TR2-630 for all of them.

I had a TR2 once, it was the 600W model, and I said "it's 600W so it should support my HD 6990 graphics card right?" it started with this issue and died after a while (2 months), then I got a G2 750 and all of my problems were gone.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

My idea is that the card is overloading the +12V rail to the point the PSU trips the OCP and cuts power for a moment making the computer restart, you have a 40A card, the PSU has only 45A available, add the CPU, board and other components... it's not everything about how many watts a PSU can deliver, current is also important.

It's known as Smart because that's how it was branded in America, there were different models for Europe and Asia but the board model is TR2-630 for all of them.

I had a TR2 once, it was the 600W model, and I said "it's 600W so it should support my HD 6990 graphics card right?" it started with this issue and died after a while (2 months), then I got a G2 750 and all of my problems were gone.

Thanks for the explanation :) I will send back the UPS I bought and I'll buy a new PSU 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/8/2018 at 7:45 PM, aezakmi said:

EDIT: I love you man, the PSU was the problem

On 13.8.2018 at 5:49 PM, NiccoloFanton said:

I don't know where is the problem, I have a thermaltake 630W PSU with this setup: 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X,

No need to look further, its the crappy 20€ Power Supply that is the cause of that.

That happens when you combine low quality PSU with high end components. Some serious shit that might even damage the components and cause you trouble/stability issues.

Replace the PSU with something like a Bitfenix Formula, Whisper M, be quiet Straight Power 11, Cougar GX-F.

450W is enough w/o OC, with OC 550W.

No need to go for 600W or more, go for quality. 

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"