Which wires are for 48v POE

plain and simple I need to know which wires, Number/color are used for POE in an ethernet cable. Which are positive and which are negative, basically I am building somthing and I need to directly input power to the cable with a 48v converter rather than a POE injector so I need to know what wires to connect the power to. 

31 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

plain and simple I need to know which wires, Number/color are used for POE in an ethernet cable. Which are positive and which are negative, basically I am building somthing and I need to directly input power to the cable with a 48v converter rather than a POE injector so I need to know what wires to connect the power to. 

you should NOT directly inject 48V onto a line without the proper controller for Active POE. Passive POE should only be used up to 24V.

The answer to your question is in the "Standards Implementation" (especially Power Devices) section of this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet

EDIT: Also the "Pinouts" section.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

8 hours ago, brwainer said:

you should NOT directly inject 48V onto a line without the proper controller for Active POE. Passive POE should only be used up to 24V.

The answer to your question is in the "Standards Implementation" (especially Power Devices) section of this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet

EDIT: Also the "Pinouts" section.

I don't normally but this is a remote station with only DC power so unless there is a poe injector with DC as its input then I have to do it this way. Also thanks ::)

What kind of device are you trying to power and what standard are you trying to use?  Plenty of dc->802.af or passive poe options but it depends on the other equipment you're implementing.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

11 hours ago, beersykins said:

What kind of device are you trying to power and what standard are you trying to use?  Plenty of dc->802.af or passive poe options but it depends on the other equipment you're implementing.

It's the active POE. There is another device with passive as well but It has an included injector with a little board that has an AC and DC side so I modified the board so I can directly power the DC side.