Hello,

I want to buy a microphone. But some technical details concerning microphones and sound cards are not to clear for me. 

1. It is very often mentioned that the USB microphones have a number of benefits. If I understand good the embedded microphone sound card should have better parameters than the sound card on my PC motherboard (MSI B150 GAMING M3)? 

2. Should I consider other parametres?  

3. How to detect the parameters of the sound card on my motherboard(MSI B150 GAMING M3)? 

4. I also do not understand why it is sometimes recommended to use (clip-on, without USB (for example Aperture A.lav)) a microphone with a smartphone?

5. What parameters (whether built-in or external cards) are sufficient for recording a spoken word without lot of post procesing? 

Thanks for help.

4 minutes ago, SimonSGU said:

1. It is very often mentioned that the USB microphones have a number of benefits. If I understand good the embedded microphone sound card should have better parameters than the sound card on my PC motherboard (MSI B150 GAMING M3)? 

Not always and you cannot improve the audio quality with that kind of microphone because its USB.

Parameters? what do you mean by that?

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

USB microphones are lower quality that AUX or XLR microphones.

If you want the best sound, buy an XLR microphone, high quality XLR cable and an overkill sound card.

Otherwise, get a USB microphone and call it a day.

hi.