Cpu problems

I have a intel i5 7600 cpu, and its running at 60-100% all the time. And when i'm gaming it is running at 100% constantly, wich is causing huge lag and sometimes crashing. Games like World of Warcraft can be smooth to play on until i decide to watch a stream, it will like sometimes but all the time it feels choppy and stuttery. I've thought of buying a ryzen because of i wanting to stream for fun but can't. Also because ive seen that it has low usage %.

Will buying a new cpu help with gaming and such?

I have:

gpu: Gtx 1060.

16gb ram.

i5 7600

500 psu.

Your CPU is up to task, don't worry about that. It would probably be someting software wise; maybe you have a shit ton virus (just running a simple anti-virus scan will fix this) or maybe there is another app hogging all the performance.

important figure in mensa

17 minutes ago, Jihakuz said:

Your CPU is up to task, don't worry about that. It would probably be someting software wise; maybe you have a shit ton virus (just running a simple anti-virus scan will fix this) or maybe there is another app hogging all the performance.

Nope it's not a virus, i've seen other people having low % usage. and i get 100% even if i play Minecraft, xD.

Perhaps i need to re format my computer or something. I don't remember having these problems a year ago when i had other parts. I had a 460 instead of a 1060 and it kind of ran better, if it was a game that was to heavy in graphics it lagged, but no sutter or something in Minecraft or rocket league.