RAM Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by hug0mac,

Hmm, yeah ram prices are still bad even for DDR3. In theory you should not mix and match but unless you are doing heavy memory work then you should be fine.

You can buy a random 8GB stick as long it's 1600mhz DDR3 and it will 99.9% be seen as 16GB in total.

Hope this helps! xD

Hello, I have 8GB of crucial ram and I'd like to upgrade it to 16, but there's the problem, the ram i own is no longer available on the market and i can't find it anywhere used, there are few exceptions but they are way too expensive, they are priced almost twice as much than originally or unavailable in my country, can I just get the same specs one from different brand or will there occur a error and it won't go well together? Here's the ram i own: CT102464BA160B , that's DDR3 one stick 8GB of crucial ram 1600MHz CL11 with 8 modules on the side.

as long as they don't operate on the same channel you will always be good.

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Hmm, yeah ram prices are still bad even for DDR3. In theory you should not mix and match but unless you are doing heavy memory work then you should be fine.

You can buy a random 8GB stick as long it's 1600mhz DDR3 and it will 99.9% be seen as 16GB in total.

Hope this helps! xD

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

15 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

as long as they don't operate on the same channel you will always be good.

what do you mean by that?

15 minutes ago, hug0mac said:

Hope this helps! xD

i'm going to use it for gaming such like new fh4 or gta v so won't that be a problem?

2 minutes ago, Rekt1337 said:

what do you mean by that?

i'm going to use it for gaming such like new fh4 or gta v so won't that be a problem?

Shouldn't be a problem as far as I know. :/ Of course I can't promise all will work fine, BUT IT SHOULD (and most likely will)...

RAM is very touchy sometimes, I once told it to F off and it gave me a BSOD. -_-

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD