Wifi Guest?

Tran
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

Guest networks are local only, they don't affect your internet usage. What it does in theory is it creates another local network so that anyone who connects to it cannot see the computers on the primary network.

So I've been trying to fix the wifi on my dad's laptop and all I've been getting is "can't connect to this network", I've tried almost everything I could from resetting the networks, disabling/updating the adapter, restarting the router, and using another wifi adapter. Nothing has worked but then I tried to see if it would connect to a hotspot and it did, so I thought maybe if I open a Guest network through the wifis address it would connect and it actually did, so I was wondering.

Question: What are the limitations of having a Guest Network (like can you still download things, go on the same websites, etc), will it affect the speed of the regular network, and also (stupid question) it doesn't charge extra for opening a guest network right? Cause last thing I want is my dad yelling at me on why the Internet bill increased. 

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Guest networks are local only, they don't affect your internet usage. What it does in theory is it creates another local network so that anyone who connects to it cannot see the computers on the primary network.

ahh I see thank you