upgrading a dell prebuild

so i have a semi old dell prebuild running some form of a Pentium prosseser on the lga 1155 socket its got 4 gb of ram needs a hard drive but anyway i am trying to figure out what gpu i will use. looking for something under $150

also it is a bounes if it doesn't use that much power 

sorry about my bad spelling

13 minutes ago, mrpixel_yt said:

What country?

If it's a dual core you should probably just put that money towards replacing it with like an R3 2200G

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What country?

If it's a dual core you should probably just put that money towards replacing it with like an R3 2200G

usa also the thing is i was planning on selling the pc as a entry level gaming pc i already got my gaming setup this pc is just one i kinda do but dont want gone

1 minute ago, mrpixel_yt said:

usa also the thing is i was planning on selling the pc as a entry level gaming pc i already got my gaming setup this pc is just one i kinda do but dont want gone

I can assure you with utter certainty if it is a dual core no one will want it for a gaming machine. Just save your money and sell it as is.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I can assure you with utter certainty if it is a dual core no one will want it for a gaming machine. Just save your money and sell it as is.

ok well either way the money is going to fixing a old win 98 desktop that still runs but needs a new hard drive

3 minutes ago, mrpixel_yt said:

ok well either way the money is going to fixing a old win 98 desktop that still runs but needs a new hard drive

Unless you're a retro purist, just use like an IDE to CF converter, it's a pretty decent improvement for those old systems

Just sell it as some basic office PC or something, don't put any money into it though.

Or possibly even just a flash drive

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

Unless you're a retro purist, just use like an IDE to CF converter, it's a pretty decent improvement for those old systems

Just sell it as some basic office PC or something, don't put any money into it though.

thanks for the help first time in the forums doing some 3 am brousing  

Just now, mrpixel_yt said:

thanks for the help first time in the forums doing some 3 am brousing  

I edited the post, you can also install a version of win98 onto a flash drive, dunno if it would work directly on the old PC though.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I edited the post, you can also install a version of win98 onto a flash drive, dunno if it would work directly on the old PC though.

yea if anything i would plug the hard drive into another pc i have that has a ide connecter install windows onto the drive then put it in old win 98 desktop

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

i will look into that vid though