Upgrading my "old" rig

Geerash

Hey there,

I've been pretty satisfied my Setup up till a few months ago but its getting to a point where I feel like some upgrades would be appreciated.

Atm my rig looks like this:

i7 3770K (OC to 4,2GHz)

Gainward GTX 770 Phantom 4GB

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM at 665MHz

ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Samsung Evo SSD 250GB

Samsung HD103SI 1TB

PSU is a BeQuiet 500W one cant really check the specifics atm.

The plan was to replace the GTX 770 and the RAM for some more up to date parts (considering that the RAM is 3-4 years older than the GPU).

So my question is: am I making the right choice in replacing those parts and what replacements can you recommend that fit with the other parts?

I'm running a 3 monitor setup (none of which support DisplayPort) all at 1080p and the main focus are games such as World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Rainbow Six Siege and TES/Fallout(with all the GFX mods i can run).

Thank you for any and all tips/advice :)

16gigs of ram at a higher MHZ would help a little. The 3770k is still a good chip and I'd recommend a GTX 1070 or higher

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

DDR4 RAM prices are still pricey.  What are used DDR3 RAM prices like? I don't know if it's cost effective to put money on more DDR3 if you plan to upgrade in the near future.  However if you can find really cheap sticks.. whatever you think is cheap, then 16gb at higher mhz and GTX 1070 or higher seems like reasonable upgrades.  good luck