PFsense Load Balancing Problems

Hi, Ive been using Pf-sense for a while but just recently got two internet connections and however want to load balance  them a specific way. For perspective, I have one Fiber connection and one Cable connection. My cable connection is way faster in speed but the latency is high, and my fiber connection has a low latency but not a lot of speed. I was wondering if i can load balance by using the Fiber connection only and when the bandwidth usage hits a threshold start using the cable connection. i don't know if this is possible but i'm sure it is as PF-sense can do almost anything. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Does anyone have any answer? I really need help as the suggestions ive found dont work. I need this internet up asap.

Without some sort of limiter and other triggers, balancing based on interface utilization alone is going to be very hard to achieve. There might be some SD-WAN style solutions to this with QoS and other stuff but nothing that's straight forward. Why not just pin your computers connection out the low latency link and everything else out the cable line?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

You can't load balance in pfSense based on bandwidth metrics unfortunately but it would be an incredible feature if they managed to pull it off.  pfSense does have latency triggers to switch between load balanced gateways but this probably won't work exactly as intended.

I do something like this but mine is gaming latency vs downloading and the split is based on ports primarily used for external service access rather than any latency metrics.

I might be able to help but I would need to know more;

• What is the capable bandwidth of each line?
  • What content is being downloaded (are we talking torrenting etc?)
  • Is this to prevent heavy downloading via other users on the network affecting low latency apps such as VOIP/Gaming?
  • Do you use any limiter queues on the internal LAN interface(s)?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply