Corrupt Windows

Vandorlot

My friend sold me a hard drive with windows 7 on it. I want to get the product key off of it and then install windows 10. But when booting to windows 7 I constantly get a bsod. The pc will not boot, the pc will not boot into safe mode, startup repair doesn’t do anything. All advanced system recovery options don’t work. Safe mode with networking and cams don’t work. System restore doesn’t work, I have no recovery image, windows memory diagnostic tool doesn’t come up with anything then says you need to restart and boot into windows to view the results which causes a bsod. If I open command prompt and do an arc scan it says “there is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and run arc again.” The photo shows what startup repair came up with. I can’t install windows 7 media creation till because I need the product key.

BE673599-CE37-4E58-A114-B9477A3B1DCD.jpeg

16E3A4F6-A327-4C83-A40C-BFCB0DF4275A.jpeg

FAE56A9C-1096-49B6-848C-6231206DD387.png

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

are you running it on the motherboard that the os was originally installed for? otherwise yeah it's loading drivers for a board it doesn't have. 

I'm surprised how many people forget how 7 and xp worked drive swapping wise lol , comon guys it wasnt that long ago

1 minute ago, emosun said:

are you running it on the motherboard that the os was originally installed for? otherwise yeah it's loading drivers for a board it doesn't have. 

I'm surprised how many people forget how 7 and xp worked drive swapping wise lol , comon guys it wasnt that long ago

No it’s not. How can I fix?

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

4 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

No it’s not. How can I fix?

you plug it into the motherboard that the os is looking for. so either it's original board or another identical one. otherwise the os is loading chipset drivers and all sorts of system device drivers for parts that don't exist

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

you plug it into the motherboard that the os is looking for. so either it's original board or another identical one. otherwise the os is loading chipset drivers and all sorts of system device drivers for parts that don't exist

What if I don’t have the board?

My Rig

Peripherals

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

There’s gotta be another way with new hardware.

My Rig

Peripherals

1 minute ago, Vandorlot said:

There’s gotta be another way with new hardware.

yeah you reinstall the OS , welcome to 2000-2012