New Ram causing blue screen problems

I think I know the problem, but I'll ask anyway.

Bought some extra ram to top up my PC, same brand, speed etc, and installed it today.

I'll admit, the ram is a tight squeeze with the NZXT watercooler, so I do believe the ram is ever so slightly pushed to the side. Talking smaller than an MM, but you can tell, just.

Anyway, since putting the ram in, my PC has bluescreened twice so far. It takes around 30mins to do it, but it's done it and I am waiting for it to happen again.

My ram has been clocked to it's 3000mhz speed, but it was done when I only had two slots filled, so I was wondering if I need to change anything in the bios to make it stable?

Or any stress tests I can do?

I know it's probably the slight pushing that is causing it, I just really hope it may not be!

cpuz.jpg

38437980_10161450722940377_8439254542117240832_n.jpg

Downclock the memory to 2133 mhz and see if it does it.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Try lower speeds. Any XPM on the sticks?

The original 2 I had installed had the XPM profile so the ram would run at the 3000mhz they can.

Today I just put the other two sticks in, went straight to bios, disabled xpm, then enabled it again, and that set them back to 3000mhz.

I'll drop the speeds back down if / when it bluescreens again. So far so good, it's been running 50minutes right now, so hoping it was something of nothing, but time will tell I guess

6 minutes ago, SM Phoo said:

The original 2 I had installed had the XPM profile so the ram would run at the 3000mhz they can.

Today I just put the other two sticks in, went straight to bios, disabled xpm, then enabled it again, and that set them back to 3000mhz.

I'll drop the speeds back down if / when it bluescreens again. So far so good, it's been running 50minutes right now, so hoping it was something of nothing, but time will tell I guess

That's good to hear.

XMP*

hi.

2 hours ago, AskTJ said:

That's good to hear.

XMP*

ok, so a little update. The PC ran for 2 hours without a problem, playing football manager for an hour of that.

I decided to load up The Division through uplay and the game crashed imeditately. I reload and get a blue screen.

I restart the PC, load The Division and it crashes, load again and blue screen,

This time on restart, I changed the XMP back to default, so running at memory speeds at windows default and the game ran fine for the 45minutes that I played it.

Eager to test, I went back into bios, turned on the auto XMP back to 3000, as soon as windows loaded, loaded up The Division, crashed, loaded up again, bluescreen.

Restarted the PC, put back to normal once again, got into windows and the game ran fine.

The bluescreen error is memory management.