HP Drama

creedism

Previously bought an HP Laptop for my Daughter at a local Pawn Shop for 200$ and When arriving home to turn on the laptop there is a BIOS Password. I have used https://bios-pw.org and that didn't help or work.

Customer service was NOT helping in the slightest. 

Model Number- HP 15-bs020wm 

I took out the CMOS, then drained it by holding down the power button. Put it back in. Turn it on and still wants the password. Then I took the Cmos battery out and turned on the Laptop without the CMOS battery in it. Still wants a password. Took out the Harddrive cause I thought it was software based. Nope. Still wants the Bios/Administrator Password. 

Give me some options everyone. It would be much appreciated 

31 minutes ago, emosun said:

Dont think were allowed to help with password cracking

As of rn i haven't  been told otherwise

41 minutes ago, creedism said:

Previously bought an HP Laptop for my Daughter at a local Pawn Shop for 200$

Herein lies your problem. You didn't test it. You (or we) don't even know if it's stolen. The pawn broker didn't even verify that it's in working condition (or he bought it for $20). How you could pay $200 for it is beyond me. -_-

You should have just gotten her a chromebook or cheap laptop from an authorized reseller.

57 minutes ago, creedism said:

Previously bought an HP Laptop for my Daughter at a local Pawn Shop for 200$ and When arriving home to turn on the laptop there is a BIOS Password. I have used https://bios-pw.org and that didn't help or work.

Customer service was NOT helping in the slightest. 

Model Number- HP 15-bs020wm 

I took out the CMOS, then drained it by holding down the power button. Put it back in. Turn it on and still wants the password. Then I took the Cmos battery out and turned on the Laptop without the CMOS battery in it. Still wants a password. Took out the Harddrive cause I thought it was software based. Nope. Still wants the Bios/Administrator Password. 

Give me some options everyone. It would be much appreciated 

On some HP laptops there is a jumper buried deep within the system you have to physically short, along with the CMOS battery removal, and others, there are no ways around the BIOS password thing. Google "reset BIOS password" and the model of your HP.

Good luck, you're going to need it

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

On some HP laptops there is a jumper buried deep within the system you have to physically short, along with the CMOS battery removal, and others, there are no ways around the BIOS password thing. Google "reset BIOS password" and the model of your HP.

Good luck, you're going to need it

Thanks brother. Appreciate the help!