Boot priority

Ubech

Wasn't sure where to make this topic, but here it is. I have two HDDs a WD black & blue. The blue contains my OS, but in the bios is a 2nd boot drive labeled (P0) and the black is first priority with P1 and in that order on screen. I switched it around, where the blue drive which contains my OS is in first boot order. When I restarted the computer it was telling me that I need to restart and rearrange my boot order. This normal?

10 minutes ago, Ubech said:

Wasn't sure where to make this topic, but here it is. I have two HDDs a WD black & blue. The blue contains my OS, but in the bios is a 2nd boot drive labeled (P0) and the black is first priority with P1 and in that order on screen. I switched it around, where the blue drive which contains my OS is in first boot order. When I restarted the computer it was telling me that I need to restart and rearrange my boot order. This normal?

Just means the boot sector is on the wrong drive, not at problem assuming you keep the drives together and nothing goes wrong with either drive.

To fix would require a Windows reinstall, unplug the non Windows drive first then reinstall onto the Windows drive but if you do do this look at converting the drive to GPT, it eliminates this issue entirely.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)