GPU Not Detected

Symbolls

The procesor has intel HD so i can run windows but i cant play games on a gtx 1060 witch is the reasone i buyed this leptop and just cant use it pls help me i just got it today. It came preinstald with ubantu and in roket ligue it workt just fine witl all at max so it exest

1532806947197764165183.jpg

1532806963468770521647.jpg

I would go to the NVIDIA site and find the drivers for it and try to update the driver, but that is just my first guess.

7 hours ago, Genesis_Uchiha said:

I would go to the NVIDIA site and find the drivers for it and try to update the driver, but that is just my first guess.

i olredi tryd that but it sed that i dont have a nvidia card

Well, I know alot of people don't like using it but I do from time to time when I'm stuck on finding a driver but you could always go to iobits and download Driver Booster from there and then have it run a scan and it will find your missing drivers. I use this as an absolute last resort when I can't find the drivers from the manufacturers website.

2 minutes ago, Symbolls said:

i olredi tryd that but it sed that i dont have a nvidia card

He said it's a laptop... I strongly suggest him NOT opening it if he doesn't know what he's doing inside...

He said it's a laptop... I strongly suggest him NOT opening it if he doesn't know what he's doing inside...

i will  avoide the waranty for that and today is his firs day allive

how can i accses this driver booster

Google it. I'm not sure what the forum rules are on this site so I don't wanna post a link and break some rule I don't know about.

Google it. I'm not sure what the forum rules are on this site so I don't wanna post a link and break some rule I don't know about.

ok Thx

The program offers a free version so you don't need a key.

wat if it cant find my gpu 

i mean nvidia dident so.....

and i found the free install buttone

If it has a a chip in your laptop, Driver Booster can find it. If Driver Booster can't, then I honestly don't know. I've never encountered that issue before. I'd suggest talking to the laptop manufacturer about it and try to figure out the exact chip set in that laptop.

If it has a a chip in your laptop, Driver Booster can find it. If Driver Booster can't, then I honestly don't know. I've never encountered that issue before. I'd suggest talking to the laptop manufacturer about it and try to figure out the exact chip set in that laptop.

i had ubantu and it detected the gpu as a 1060 and i played rocket ligue on max setting 1080p

If Ubuntu detects it, then it's obviously there. Which Operating System are you using now?

If Ubuntu detects it, then it's obviously there. Which Operating System are you using now?

windows 10

My apologies. Windows 10 should automatically have the drivers you need, so I'm not really sure at this point.

My apologies. Windows 10 should automatically have the drivers you need, so I'm not really sure at this point.

yeah but i istalled windows myself so i think i have to install the drivers bechose the leptop came with ubantu preeinstalld

Honestly, I personally would have left Ubuntu installed but, that's just me. Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs anything and everything you need once you connect to the internet, it's one of those Windows features we "wished" we had 20 years ago.

You have the correct program and it's doing it's job so just let it finish, reboot the PC when it tells you to and check device manager afterwards.

Honestly, I personally would have left Ubuntu installed but, that's just me. Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs anything and everything you need once you connect to the internet, it's one of those Windows features we "wished" we had 20 years ago.

i now but i wana play fornite and overwatch and linux cant suport it

I have Ubuntu installed on my 2nd hard drive and I can support steam and windows applications via Wine so I don't see why Fortnite and Overwatch wouldn't work but as I don't play either of those games, I'm no expert.