Weird writing issues with new 3 TB HDD

So here's the story:

Get new HDD for data storage (steam, movies, etc.), install it and first thing that happens is it won't show up in Windows device manager. BUT it did show up in the windows tool for creating new Storage Pools. 
I create a new Storage Pool and HDD shows up now, everything works.. for like 3 weeks. 

The first weird thing that happended was Steam being unable to write to the HDD. So I check it out and appearently the filesystem for the HDD randomly changed to RAW from NTFS. Further research gave hints about that Windows might have been the culprit, since the Storage Pool actually is based on an virtual disk (I might be wrong on this tho). SO I go into PowerShell and I remove the Storage Pool and the Virtual disk. Then I Re-partition the whole disk and then reformat it to NTFS. All data gone, but nothing that mattered. 

It shows up in Windows as expected again. So I reinstall my games and same thing happens after 3-4 game installs via Steam, unable to write to disk. So I thought now that Steam is the Culprit. I try install a game from Uplay and also there I get the same error - Unable to write to disk. I see a pattern now, so I assume it wasn't Steam. Next thing I do is clear the Disk from readonly attributes via the console, doesn't change a thing tho, still same errors. 

Now I am worried that the disk might actually be damaged so I do a 'Fix All Long' test via the Seagate Tool for their Hardware - let it finish over night. Next morning everything is OK. It passed and nothing  bad in the LOG. SO now i know that the hardware is fine, no bad sectors. 

I check S.M.A.R.T too and everything seems fine? 
image.png.82c37984116e8c81f775befdea99eeeb.png

CHKDSK also returns no errors. 

One thing I haven't tried yet is changin the cables, but for that I would need to get a new one first. 

SO, does anyone have thoughts on this? I have never seen this kind of issue with any harddrive I have owned. 

I can also add that after some restarts I can write on the disk again but after a while the same error occus and I am unable to write or allocate anything again. 

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

HDD MODEL: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3TB ST3000DM008

refund it, and get 2 or 4TB one.

3TB drives is the highest failure rate for almost every brand.

I have taken that into consideration. 

Im just really confused by the issue because when I run tests it does not find any bad sectors, so I assume the disk should be healthy. 

What could be the cause for this otherwise? 

52 minutes ago, TheBeardyOne said:

What could be the cause for this otherwise? 

Could be the SATA-cable or the port. Try changing the port and the cable and make sure they are very secure.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-25 at 3:26 PM, WereCatf said:

Could be the SATA-cable or the port. Try changing the port and the cable and make sure they are very secure.

Sorry for the late response, been on vacation. 

But yes, you were right about the connection. The SATA-cable was the culprit. I changed it with one from another Drive and now everything seems to be fine for the 3TB HDD. The SSD that got the HDD's cable is now suddenly not even showing up anymore, but when I switch to yet another cable its there and the drive that got the problem-cable has well.. problems. Time to go and order new cables! 

Just now, TheBeardyOne said:

Sorry for the late response, been on vacation. 

But yes, you were right about the connection. The SATA-cable was the culprit. I changed it with one from another Drive and now everything seems to be fine for the 3TB HDD. The SSD that got the HDD's cable is now suddenly not even showing up anymore, but when I switch to yet another cable its there and the drive that got the problem-cable has well.. problems. Time to go and order new cables! 

Well, that's good news, then! New cables ain't expensive, especially in comparison to new drives ^_^

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.