Laptop Workstation (Planning)

lucaberti

Hi all, I'm new on this forum and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section. So I'm planning to buy a laptop workstation to use for graphics and editing (I need mobility). I've found 2 laptops (but 3 configurations) and I've some curiosity about them too. The 2 laptops are a HP ZBook 15 and a Dell M4800. Here's the configurations:

HP ZBook 15: CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ

RAM: 16 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K2100M 2Gb GDDR5

Display Full HD IPS

Dell M4800:   CPU: Intel Core i7-4800MQ

RAM: 8Gb DDR3

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K2100M 2Gb GDDR5

Display Full HD

Dell M4800:  CPU: Intel Core i7-4800MQ

RAM: 8Gb DDR3

GPU: AMD FirePro M5100 2Gb GDDR5

Display Full HD

So I would be tempted with the HP ZBook 15, more RAM, better CPU (just 100Mhz), and also a IPS Display that should be better. But my questions are, between HP ZBook 15 and Dell M4800, which one has better materials and build quality? Which one more Cooler? Then I think that between the two (HP and Dell with the same GPU and at least same CPU, performance should be the same, less RAM for the Dell) so thinking in the way that they are the same, which one should be better? HP or Dell? In comparison with the last one, that instead has a AMD M5100, in comparison with the K2100M, there will be major difference in performace, or at least they are practically the same, which one is better for Editing,3D and also Gaming? 

The primary use would be editing, especially with Photoshop, and some 3D application (not a lot), but if I would use it to play also with some games, (I've another PC that I use to game so I'm not taking this laptop for gaming, just curiosity), I would able to run them, I'm not asking Full HD, High Settings and 60+ Fps, but at least 30 Fps, by lowering resolution and graphics, with games like BF4, GTA V or also PUBG? Tell me everything you can, the price of the laptops are between 450-500€ (520-585$) (Refurbished)

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad english or if I did something wrong.

About the gaming, I can be quite brief. No, it won't really run those games well at all. The Quadro K2100M and FirePro M5100 are about as fast as a desktop GTX550Ti or Radeon HD5770, significantly slower even than a GT1030. So I'd quickly forget about that ^_^

I'd also pick the ZBook here, since it's the best deal out of the bunch. The M4800 is a nice machine (I had the predecessor, the M4600) for sure, but so are the ZBooks. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Okay thank you for the reply, so for the editing I should have no problem for sure, but I don't understand regarding gaming, because I was looking some videos on YouTube, and I saw a video (different videos) where they play some games (BF4, GTA V and also BF1) on a Thinkpad with i5-3340M, 8Gb RAM and a NVIDIA NVS 5200M (that should be way worst in comparison with a K2100M or a M5100), so taking that laptop/video in consideration I think that I should have way better performance with a better CPU (i7-4900MQ), more RAM (16GB) and better GPU (K2100M or M5100). But maybe I'm wrong, someone? 

One of the videos is this: