Looking for a durable mouse replacement

Tech Enthusiast

All the mice I buy seem to develop a double click issue after a few months.

Basically, the pad below the button goes soft, that turns into a hole,.. the keypress gets stuck and the click registers twice.

What i need is a product that can take daily and constant "abuse".

Since my workplace is my gaming place, I am sitting on this table for around 12-16 hours a day.

So far, I have been using Roccat mice. I just love the Kone series. The Kone Pure for the past few years and recently I switched to the Kone Aimo.

What I am looking for is a similar mouse in terms of size and form factor.

I am 100% open to any brand, all it needs is a mouse button that does not go bad after a few months.

So, really up for suggestions at this point. I guess i can't go by common reviews, as they never test a mouse for endurance. So, anyone having a similar work / gaming schedule and knows my pain? Let me know!

19 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

What are you doing where your breaking a mouse that often?

I would say my Mx master is durable as it gets smashed by something everyday but if you breaking mice that frequently then I would just go with soem cheap 20 dollar mice

My life

Start buying a protection plan with your mouse and utilizing that? Especially if you can buy from Amazon. Where are you located?

And I have the same work from home always at the computer, but I prefer Logitech and my G602 has been perfect. My G402 was replaced once by Logitech for a wonky scroll wheel. 

However if you can buy the SquareTrade (or any other) protection on Amazon when you purchase your mouse then using it to replace the mouse then that might be a type of solution that keeps you gaming with what you like. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

What are you doing where your breaking a mouse that often?

I would say my Mx master is durable as it gets smashed by something everyday but if you breaking mice that frequently then I would just go with soem cheap 20 dollar mice

Money is not a concern here.

And what I am doing is basically working and gaming pretty much the whole day, with the same mouse. Razer mice usually lasted 3 years. That is fine for me. In the past 6 Years tho I have used up 4 Roccat Kones, all easily within the guarantee limit. So I paid nothing for them basically. 

This Kone Aimo, on the other hand, is pretty new. I bought it in early April this year. So I am definitely leaning toward not buying Roccat stuff anymore, as much as i love the mouse, but 3 months is crazy.

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

However if you can buy the SquareTrade (or any other) protection on Amazon

No need to do that in Germany. If the product fails within 2 years, Amazon just refunds the money. No need for a protection plan.

At least they do that for prime customers. Not sure if they would do that for non-prime users.

I'll look up your G602 suggestion. If you doing about the same work/gaming, and it works for you, it might also work for me.

All I really care about is a semi-decent or premium mouse that does not fall apart. I don't care what it costs, but I hate to keep sending mice back to Amazon. ;-)

34 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

All the mice I buy seem to develop a double click issue after a few months.

Basically, the pad below the button goes soft, that turns into a hole,.. the keypress gets stuck and the click registers twice.

Since my workplace is my gaming place, I am sitting on this table for around 12-16 hours a day.

So far, I have been using Roccat mice. I just love the Kone series. The Kone Pure for the past few years and recently I switched to the Kone Aimo.

What I am looking for is a similar mouse in terms of size and form factor.

I am 100% open to any brand, all it needs is a mouse button that does not go bad after a few months.

So, really up for suggestions at this point. I guess i can't go by common reviews, as they never test a mouse for endurance. So, anyone having a similar work / gaming schedule and knows my pain? Let me know!

corsair makes excellent mouses, ive had a corsair harpoon that i dont use anymore except for travel for 2 years now. its still in perfect condition and i would know as i use it on my laptop for csgo. 

i got a deathadder elite once but the usb connector fell off so i just bought a m65 also from corsair. my corsair STRAFE keyboard has been in use for 3 years and still works fine, with the occasional dusting.

7 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

No need to do that in Germany. If the product fails within 2 years, Amazon just refunds the money. No need for a protection plan.

At least they do that for prime customers. Not sure if they would do that for non-prime users.

I'll look up your G602 suggestion. If you doing about the same work/gaming, and it works for you, it might also work for me.

All I really care about is a semi-decent or premium mouse that does not fall apart. I don't care what it costs, but I hate to keep sending mice back to Amazon. ;-)

Yeah I haven't any problems other than the scroll wheel on the G402. I have always preferred Logitech so I haven't tried anything else and can't comment on their durability. 

Right now the G602 I use with the laptop. I've used it for gaming and it's plenty quick, but it's a bit bulky. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case