Motherboard broken?!

Zerkan

So I bought an used motherboard with an i7 2600k included for 100$, I don't get it to work, it starts then shortly after turns off and it does this 3 times before fully turning on, tried different ram ports, different ram, I have cleaned the ram n ports, but the problem is that I get no picture, tried 3 gpus, I'm using an 850w bronze psu. Is the motherboard broken?? The i7 works great on my other lga 1155 motherboard, and yes I've tried the other pcie slot.. :(

Tried resetting cmos too..

All power connectors is seatted properly too.

You can see the video (bad quality cuz max size on the video could only be 20mb)

20180720_173730.mp4

46 minutes ago, Zerkan said:

So I bought an used motherboard with an i7 2600k included for 100$, I don't get it to work, it starts then shortly after turns off and it does this 3 times before fully turning on, tried different ram ports, different ram, I have cleaned the ram n ports, but the problem is that I get no picture, tried 3 gpus, I'm using an 850w bronze psu. Is the motherboard broken?? The i7 works great on my other lga 1155 motherboard, and yes I've tried the other pcie slot.. :(

Tried resetting cmos too..

All power connectors is seatted properly too.

You can see the video (bad quality cuz max size on the video could only be 20mb)

20180720_173730.mp4

I'd say not enough power just offhand. I couldn't tell from the video, does the board have a built-in GPU? If so, use that and see what happens.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Im using the same psu rn with the i7 overclocked to 4.5ghz on my other motherboard and it works great, the motherboard doesnt have any built in gpu sadly

this is the motherboard btw: msi p67a-gd65

When you bought the motherboard, did the seller test it for you to confirm it worked? Do you know if it was working before you bought it?

I told him I had problems with the motherboard and he told me he tested it day before I bought it, I sended him the video but he hasnt replied on facebook yet.. oh yeah forgot, 3 pins in the socket were bent but i bent them back.. mby that has something to do with it.. when I recieved the motherboard i saw when i got it home the socket had 3 pins bent, didnt check that when i got the motherboard cuz the cpu was in.

4 hours ago, Zerkan said:

I told him I had problems with the motherboard and he told me he tested it day before I bought it, I sended him the video but he hasnt replied on facebook yet.. oh yeah forgot, 3 pins in the socket were bent but i bent them back.. mby that has something to do with it.. when I recieved the motherboard i saw when i got it home the socket had 3 pins bent, didnt check that when i got the motherboard cuz the cpu was in.

That could very well be the issue, I know the CPU socket pins are very sensitive but we can still try to troubleshoot further before we reach that conclusion.

Have you tried testing it outside of the case?

Then I only plugged in the power cable for the motherboard and cpu and the gpu just to see if j could get to bios but same reboot problem

Take out the gpu, connect directly to motherboard to get to bios. Make sure all of your power is in place (24 and the 8). Check to see if your bios has been updated or not. Sometimes all you need to do is flash them.

The motherboard doesn't have intergrated graphics tho

my gpus is fullyfunctional too so, very weird.

If u want pictures of something just let me know

I'd see if there is a local computer or electronic repair place just to test the motherboard, because I suspect the issue might arise out of the bent pins.

2 hours ago, Zerkan said:

i checked the socket for more bent pins and I saw a few others that looked abit weird. https://gyazo.com/4fc73beb3a5fcd9ef005ca03775fd1a2 

On this image I can see what you mean, the second one is a little harder to tell but I can see a few areas where the light reflects in a weird way.

2 hours ago, Zerkan said:

Yeh I mby go to some repair place this week.

That would be my suggestion, let me know how you go, or if you find anything that might be causing issues as well. We're happy to help :)

Hi, today I discovered that the motherboard acts the same with or without any ram hmm.. it doesn't make any beeps what so ever.

7 hours ago, Zerkan said:

Hi, today I discovered that the motherboard acts the same with or without any ram hmm.. it doesn't make any beeps what so ever.

Probably not a good sign...

fuckin shit, and It came like this too, I do think its broken and im wondering if I can get the money back tho.. :( The reason why I bought an new motherboard is that I have an gtx 970 that doesnt wanna work in my motherboard for some reason (card works great) so I bought this motherboard and then its most likely broken, feelsbadman xD

20 minutes ago, Zerkan said:

I will still go to some repair shop or something and mby get it confirmed..

Keep us updated :)