PC suddenly slow's down.

Hello everyone so recently I have encountered a problem where my PC (Ryzen 5 1600, MSI gtx 1060 6gb, and 16gb of ram) while in game the fps would drop to 30 max and the game becomes unplayable and I had my fps locked at 144 fps and it didn't drop below 120 fps. While all this is happening my ping is stable at 40-50ms, so I don't think it is an internet problem. Then I tried lowering the video settings in-game and it didn't change a thing. After that, I reinstalled the game and thing's still didn't change. I tried playing other games and the same problem would occur. Then I tried to look into my task manager to see if anything is taking to much processive power and there was a svchost thing which I want sure I should disable or end so I didn't. I have tried to look up on the internet what can be the problem and a lot of people sad that it was an overheating problem sooooo I tried checking the temp while in-game and the cpu temp didn't over 50-70 C and the GPU temps and they were in the 50-60 C range. Then I tried cleaning the PC from the dust because I found that it also can cause problems. So now I am wondering what more can I do. Hope you can help me thank you in advance.

Check if windows is downloading something in the background as a start. Followed by checking whether your drivers have updated recently.

11 minutes ago, KingArchlich said:

Check if windows is downloading something in the background as a start. Followed by checking whether your drivers have updated recently.

Thank you for the reply and I checked all my drivers and they are up-to-date and don't think Windows is downloading for like 5 days straight.

You'd be surprised how many windows update stories are out there... anyway, just keep an eye on your task manager memory details and watch out for any thing suspicious.  Also check around C:\Users\[Your name here]\AppData for any suspicious files. Mostly in local temp but that general direction. Thats where viruses like to hang out and bloat misc data flows to (also your web cookies but that is another story)

13 minutes ago, KingArchlich said:

You'd be surprised how many windows update stories are out there... anyway, just keep an eye on your task manager memory details and watch out for any thing suspicious.  Also check around C:\Users\[Your name here]\AppData for any suspicious files. Mostly in local temp but that general direction. Thats where viruses like to hang out and bloat misc data flows to (also your web cookies but that is another story)

Ok thank you very much!

Probably just windows 10 doing it's background shenanigans, I get this on my laptop a fair bit, still haven't figured out everything to turn off.

3 hours ago, mortino said:

Probably just windows 10 doing it's background shenanigans, I get this on my laptop a fair bit, still haven't figured out everything to turn off.

Ha...thats sadly funny... Even when you disable it through services, it will re-enable itself.. Iv three different windows systems all with their own update cycle. Two home and one Education. The education I rarely get updates for, but the two home are amazing in their own way. One updates every other week the other once a month.

2 minutes ago, KingArchlich said:

Ha...thats sadly funny... Even when you disable it through services, it will re-enable itself.. Iv three different windows systems all with their own update cycle. Two home and one Education. The education I rarely get updates for, but the two home are amazing in their own way. One updates every other week the other once a month.

I don't think it is updates for me, I get even when on wireless and have it set as a metered connection, I think it's the telemetry stuff.

Have you ran AVG or Malwarebytes to see if there's anything malicious slowing down your PC?