windows boot manager is on the wrong drive

So I just bought a new Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB. I installed windows 10 on it and then formatted my old SSD (which I thought would delete my old windows 10). But now when I try to boot up from my Samsung 850 Evo it won't recognize that windows in on there. The only thing that shows up is the old boot manager on my old ssd. Windows is installed on my new SSD though (disk 0 or C: ) but why is the windows boot manager on my old ssd? How does this even work? And how do I get the boot manager on my new ssd? Thanks

bios.jpg

disk format.PNG

Set the new one to your first/main boot drive.

Main PC

------------

i5-9400f @2.9GHz | Corsair H100i Elite Capellix |Gigabyte RGB GTX1060 6GB | Corsair CX650M | Island Professional 120GB SSD | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200MHz  | Corsair iCUE 220T | Windows 10 Pro | CPU R20 Cinebench Score -  pts | OpenGL FPS -  FPS | Novabench Score (OC) -  Base - 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Mx Red | Corsair Glaive RGB

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

Xeon X3440 @2.53GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 2x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 409 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.77 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 991 Base - 938

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

I had this happen way back, when installing the same version of windows on a new drive instead of cloning, didn't even realize it until i removed the old drive from the system and windows wouldn't boot anymore.

There is a command to write the bootloader into the mbr, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/#Fix_the_MBR_with_Easy_Recovery_Essentials

Don't know anything about the tool they offer but the command lines are there, scroll down to windows 10.

1 hour ago, AirSocial said:

Set the new one to your first/main boot drive.

if I boot from the new Samsung 850 evo i get a error message saying no operating system found

1 hour ago, mortino said:

I had this happen way back, when installing the same version of windows on a new drive instead of cloning, didn't even realize it until i removed the old drive from the system and windows wouldn't boot anymore.

There is a command to write the bootloader into the mbr, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/#Fix_the_MBR_with_Easy_Recovery_Essentials

Don't know anything about the tool they offer but the command lines are there, scroll down to windows 10.

should I disconnect my other drives first? Which drive should i be repairing my new ssd or my old one?

5 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

should I disconnect my other drives first? Which drive should i be repairing my new ssd or my old one?

I would disconnect all drives you don't want to be your boot drive just to illuminate that hurtle. You repair the drive you want to be your boot drive.

1 hour ago, mortino said:

I would disconnect all drives you don't want to be your boot drive just to illuminate that hurtle. You repair the drive you want to be your boot drive.

ok I followed the steps but it says access denied

unnamed (2).jpg