Gamefly steam keys for Australia?

Lloyd Priest
Go to solution Solved by Ineko,

I have played a fair bit of unreal tournament. Look I don't think cod is a bad game and I find it fun so can someone please just answer my initial questions about the US steam key on an Australian steam account.

I buy Russian keys all the time and have never had a problem. Even if I can't activate the key in Australia I just connect to Ukraine with a VPN and activate it, then I can play it no matter where I am. So yes, a US key will work.

I'm going to get call of duty ghosts pretty soon and gamefly has a sale on at the moment as well as a discount code (GFDDEC20) so I can get it for $32 US. I live in Australia and that is fine because hotspot shield works a treat for getting around the region block however I was wondering if there would be any problem with me using a US steam key on my Australian steam account?

System specs: Antec 100 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Asus p8-Z77-V | Corsiar Vengeance Blue 1600mhz 8GB | XFX 7970 Double Dissipation Ghz Edition | Samsung 830 256gb SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Green | Corsair TX-650 | Acer 24" V243HQ + Dell Ultrasharp something 17" 4:3 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow | Razer Deathadder 2011 | Beyerdynamic DT 440 

If you mean getting a Steam key from Gamefly, they have their own DRM like Origin or uPlay. I also really wouldn't get ghosts in the first place, get something like BF3 for dirt cheap if you want a shooter. CoD is an abomination (after 5 at least).

Spoiler

If you mean getting a Steam key from Gamefly, they have their own DRM like Origin or uPlay. I also really wouldn't get ghosts in the first place, get something like BF3 for dirt cheap if you want a shooter. CoD is an abomination (after 5 at least).

If you look at the call of duty ghosts link i put in my first post then you would have seen that steam is required to activate meaning that it is a steam key, not their drm.

I have bf3 and many other games, just my best friend and I LOVE mw2 and have played it forever, dont judge me, and well he got VAC banned for mw2 the other day  because he used some hacks like 6 months ago so we thought we would try a different cod, and as ghosts is made by the same people as mw2 then it has a similar feel which means we can basically just play it and it be fun (only interested in the multiplayer) and i dont have much money but $32 US is within my budget so gamefly looks compelling to me as long as they key works with my AU account

System specs: Antec 100 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Asus p8-Z77-V | Corsiar Vengeance Blue 1600mhz 8GB | XFX 7970 Double Dissipation Ghz Edition | Samsung 830 256gb SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Green | Corsair TX-650 | Acer 24" V243HQ + Dell Ultrasharp something 17" 4:3 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow | Razer Deathadder 2011 | Beyerdynamic DT 440 

If you look at the call of duty ghosts link i put in my first post then you would have seen that steam is required to activate meaning that it is a steam key, not their drm.

I have bf3 and many other games, just my best friend and I LOVE mw2 and have played it forever, dont judge me, and well he got VAC banned for mw2 the other day  because he used some hacks like 6 months ago so we thought we would try a different cod, and as ghosts is made by the same people as mw2 then it has a similar feel which means we can basically just play it and it be fun (only interested in the multiplayer) and i dont have much money but $32 US is within my budget so gamefly looks compelling to me as long as they key works with my AU account

The old Infinity Ward is long gone, the original team has been split for a while now and the only thing that's the same is the name. I really wouldn't get it even if it is $32.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Sooo what COD game is there to get if Ghosts is so bad? The problem with mw1 and 2 is that the community is really small now so you cant just find a game when ever you want, thats why ghosts would be the best bet in that regard because there are a lot of people playing it.

Also it doesnt matter that its not actually the same people making the game, I have played ghosts for about half an hour and it has the same "feeling" as mw2, unlike the blops games, so it will fit both of our comfort zones for how to play the game if that makes sense.

Sooo what COD game is there to get if Ghosts is so bad? The problem with mw1 and 2 is that the community is really small now so you cant just find a game when ever you want, thats why ghosts would be the best bet in that regard because there are a lot of people playing it.

Also it doesnt matter that its not actually the same people making the game, I have played ghosts for about half an hour and it has the same "feeling" as mw2, unlike the blops games, so it will fit both of our comfort zones for how to play the game if that makes sense.

If you want something fast-paced and arcade-y, you could pick up Unreal Tournament.

Spoiler

If you want something fast-paced and arcade-y, you could pick up Unreal Tournament.

I have played a fair bit of unreal tournament. Look I don't think cod is a bad game and I find it fun so can someone please just answer my initial questions about the US steam key on an Australian steam account.

I buy Russian keys all the time and have never had a problem. Even if I can't activate the key in Australia I just connect to Ukraine with a VPN and activate it, then I can play it no matter where I am. So yes, a US key will work.

Thanks Ineko :)